iOS [HELP!] Defense 0 attack 0 [MAJOR BUG]

Itzamj

Newcomer
whenever i attack with my sword it does 27 or even less damage while it is supposed to do like 63-71 damage and that is because of my 2 damage boost rings without those it does 6 damage or less. ( it is the best sword called star sword or something, the one you get by using the prismatic shard in the desert). And my defense is also 0 because the green slimes kill me in 4 hits And i have obsidian boots that give me +4 defense. I cant survive when in acces both caves (skullcavern and normal cave) and i also cant kill anything because i do no damage and this is an extremely major bug . Can this be fixed ASAP?

NOTE: im on mobile (an ipad specifically but this is probably not necessary information). I am also playing singleplayer because im on mobile. This has been happening to me 4 hours before i posted this. I was doing normal things like farming and collecting money and i died 2 or 3 times in the caves and i think the second and the third time is when I started taking insane amounts of damage and it felt like my defense was 0. I used no food that gives me buffs and i also didnt get any debuffs pretty sure and im on year 2 in fall.

Attachments

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
whenever i attack with my sword it does 27 or even less damage while it is supposed to do like 63-71 damage and that is because of my 2 damage boost rings without those it does 6 damage or less. ( it is the best sword called star sword or something, the one you get by using the prismatic shard in the desert). And my defense is also 0 because the green slimes kill me in 4 hits And i have obsidian boots that give me +4 defense. I cant survive when in acces both caves (skullcavern and normal cave) and i also cant kill anything because i do no damage and this is an extremely major bug . Can this be fixed ASAP?

NOTE: im on mobile (an ipad specifically but this is probably not necessary information). I am also playing singleplayer because im on mobile. This has been happening to me 4 hours before i posted this. I was doing normal things like farming and collecting money and i died 2 or 3 times in the caves and i think the second and the third time is when I started taking insane amounts of damage and it felt like my defense was 0. I used no food that gives me buffs and i also didnt get any debuffs pretty sure and im on year 2 in fall.
The weapon glitch is odd but defense never does that much, all 4 defense is doing for you is minimizing eachi hit by the same amount of damager per 1:1 points.
The weapon is odd,I used to play a lot of mobile but it might be because you are fighting monsters with high defense which is odd for it to lower as such still though...
The increased damage too, I would recommend reposting this or keeping it updated even if it worked out for you as it seems others are having the same problem.

Realgar

Newcomer

I have the same problem...

Simon McKenzie

Greenhorn
This may not be the same problem, but something similar happened to my son recently on Android (he's been playing since May 2023). His weapon stopped doing any damage at all. I opened up his save file on my computer (see https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files), and found this:

<attackIncreaseModifier>-1.10000014</attackIncreaseModifier>

This effectively reduced the attack damage down to zero. I updated the modifier back to zero, and he's now able to play again.

Updated setting:

<attackIncreaseModifier>0</attackIncreaseModifier>

I would suggest that if you want to try this and you're using any damage boosters (like rings) that you take them off, save the game, exit, then apply the change above (being sure to take a backup of your save file first). Good luck!