Windows [HELP] Crop Top Shirt- Black line???

emsydacat

Greenhorn
I noticed that the crop top shirt I tailored has a solid black line instead of what I'm assuming should be skin tone (as shown in image). I was wondering if this was a fixable issue on my end, as I could not find any information regarding this bug on Google; it seems to be something only I am experiencing, and thus is possibly fixable rather than a game bug.

Screenshot_2022-03-31_003405.jpg

Does anyone know what could be going on? Am I able to fix this on my end or is it a game bug? If I am able to fix this, how (please make sure your instructions are detailed, as I only have basic knowledge on file manipulation)?

Thank you for your help in advance and let me know if more information is needed in order to find a solution! :smile::heart:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi J_dog_FTW and Welcome to the Forums!

Ok, here's a Crop Top I have in one of my saves:

Edit: no it ain't! That's the Crop Tank Top!

So yes, it should be showing a darker shaded version of a line of skin pixels. Or I should be censored and have now ruined this forum's rating. Here's another example with some shading:

One line of pixels with no shading and one line of pixels with some shading here 'n there. Could be a problem with shading those pixels on your graphics system/card. If you could tailor the Bikini Top (Rainbow Shell), it would be interesting to see how your game shaded your skin in that example.

Edit: OK okok I'm gonna Tailor all of these and do a comparo to see what happens....

Lew Zealand

Helper
Edit: I changed a few things to make it clearer.

OK, we have our answer and I'll use 2 more tops for comparison, all with the same color scheme. From top to bottom in terms of possible sunburn and Slime nibbling, we have:

Bikini Top
BTop.PNG

Island Bikini
IB.PNG

Crop Tank Top
CTT.PNG

Crop Top
CT.PNG

The Crop Top doesn't show any skin, instead getting you a kind of Dark Belt look. When you look at the sprite model for the Crop Top and many other shirts it becomes clear why. CA made some of the sprite Clothes with black borders and some with no borders or color-matched ones. And with so few pixels available in the tiny models, a single line of black pixels on a border takes up a LOT of space. This is the problem with the Crop Top and many other Clothes models. I especially don't like when the neckline is a black line instead of a shaded color line, like in the Crop Tank Top above (hard black line) vs the Crop Top (shaded line of the same color as the top).

The Crop Top is pretty nice on it's own when used with the right pants but seems to provide full sun and Slime protection. Try the Crop Tank Top instead! It's Tailored with Wheat.

Last edited: