PC [HELP] Co-op game went back to year one

risverses

Greenhorn
My sister and I have been playing on co-op mode, and we have reached year 2 winter day 2 together, completed the Community Center, already went to Ginger Island, and have been looking forward to year 3. Her game, however, seemed to have crashed by itself and started up again. When she opens it (she is the host) the game brought her back to Spring Year 1. The weird thing about it is that her house has been fully upgraded with the cellar she left with but the house was empty of her previous belongings. The money we earned together's still there, and even the Community Center is already complete. Her upgraded tools are the same, and her friendships are still intact. The quests are also the way she left them, only the Introduction and the Getting Started quests were added. The most distressing thing of all is that the farm we worked on was gone, it was replaced again by trees, weeds, and stones. We saw similar issues like this online, but it's weird that our upgrades and friendships are still there, so hopefully, our save is just somewhere.

We would really appreciate any help, my sister is really bummed that all our hard work is gone, and I hope there's a way to get it back. :(