Solved Help! Change Cabin type mod broke my Greenhouse!

ohthatdemoness6

Greenhorn
Me and my boyfriend got Change Cabin Type mod a few weeks ago ( https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3046 ) and the default F12 keybind changes the starting cabin buildings. However it is also the same key to take steam screenshots. When I was taking a screenshot of my bf's character looking funny, my mouse was hovering over the green house and I changed the sprite of the greenhouse to some weird cabin mutant! I decided to wait before asking since we figured if we upgraded it would fix itself, but aside now being completely messed up looking, the greenhouse is completely inaccessible :(!

I removed the mod, verified, reinstalled and clean installed everything including the game but it's stuck! D:

Does anyone know what to do to fix this?? Because the mod is old (my fault for not paying attention to the last updated date) and I'm pretty sure the mod creator is not coming back to fix the bugs, as other players posted in the comments had this issue but it has never been addressed, I have no idea how to fix this at all :((!

Log: https://smapi.io/log/f96fd6fcb3f546d494cb1ab726404511

I know there is an error mentioned when I used the mod look up anything on the greenhouse so maybe that will provide context? Look up anything does not have an error for anything else as far as I'm aware, just for the greenhouse.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy, thanks for being thorough with the log, screenshot & link to the mod!!

I tried running the "Change Cabin Type" mod on one of my test saves.
It appears it changes the building type into a cabin in the save data.

Can y'all upload your save though for me to take a look & fix?
How to find your saves:
I'm posting some general instructions on this fix; if F12 was the only thing done to the Greenhouse.

But, you mentioned y'all upgraded the cabin(Greenhouse) as well.
That would change the data further, and will need a different set of fixes.

-----------------------------
General Fix Instructions:
Find your saves here(the host): https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files
Next we edit: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Edit_a_save

Open up the save, and since you're on v1.55. We search for the following text:
<Building xsi:type="GreenhouseBuilding">

Just a little further down is where we need to edit:
Code:
        <Building xsi:type="GreenhouseBuilding">
          <tileX>25</tileX>
          <tileY>10</tileY>
          <tilesWide>7</tilesWide>
          <tilesHigh>6</tilesHigh>
          <maxOccupants>-1</maxOccupants>
          <currentOccupants>0</currentOccupants>
          <daysOfConstructionLeft>0</daysOfConstructionLeft>
          <daysUntilUpgrade>0</daysUntilUpgrade>
          <buildingType>Log Cabin</buildingType>
          <buildingPaintColor>
            <ColorName>
              <string xsi:nil="true" />
            </ColorName>
See the line that says <buildingType>Log Cabin</buildingType>?

We need to replace; "Log Cabin" with "Greenhouse".
Note: It may also say something else like "Plank Cabin" or such if you've hit F12 a few times. But, that line; "buildingType", is what we need to edit.
As long as it's under the "GreenhouseBuilding" header.

Save, and then reload the game, and it should fix it.

ohthatdemoness6

Greenhorn
OMG it worked!! Thank you so much for your help! I'll be honest I couldn't help but to say that was waay easier than I thought, but without your help I would have truly believed my greenhouse was doomed 😭! I already uninstalled change cabin type so I shouldn't have this issue ever again (or I'll change the keybind asap!). Thanks so much again! 😭😭😭

ohthatdemoness6

Greenhorn
OMG it worked!! Thank you so much for your help! I'll be honest I couldn't help but to say that was waay easier than I thought, but without your help I would have truly believed my greenhouse was doomed 😭! I already uninstalled change cabin type so I shouldn't have this issue ever again (or I'll change the keybind asap!). Thanks so much again! 😭😭😭
I'm also going to post the save anyways in case it starts getting weird and I still need troubleshooting down the line!

Attachments

I'm also going to post the save anyways in case it starts getting weird and I still need troubleshooting down the line!
No prob; I'm glad I could help! ^-^

I was a little confused about the upgrade comment. But, yea; the savefile seems to have the same data setup for the Greenhouse.
So, the general fix seems to be all that was needed; as you mentioned.

ohthatdemoness6

Greenhorn
yeah, the greenhouse i accidentally changed was run down (before we completed the community center), we figured maybe if we upgrade it, in a sense it would change the coding of the greenhouse which would refresh the sprite, therefore fixing it. but it seems that's not how it works at all lmao 😅