PC [Help] Can't interact with people or doors

LeaMira

Newcomer
Hi, I'm new to Stardew Valley (MAC) but I don't think everything's working properly. On my first day after the intro, I attempted talking to townspeople, and when I got close a little speech bubble appeared but every time I tried to click on it nothing happened. I also tried clicking on doors to buildings that seemed to be public but I couldn't go inside. I used a trackpad btw. I have a mouse but it's not charged. Do I need a mouse for this game? Is this a glitch that's happening to other people now too? I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me how to fix this. Thank you! :wink: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
Most of the things you can do, you can also do with the keyboard, but a track pad should also work. I'm not sure about Mac - did they not have right click? Because the game uses left and right for different actions.

When you open the menu (press Esc), there is an options tab that lets you change the keys certain actions are linked to. For example, I play without a mouse and use arrow keys instead of WASD.

Usually, actions like taking it interacting with doors are linked to mouse left or right and X or C.

You can look up in the menu what your keys are.

LeaMira

Newcomer
Most of the things you can do, you can also do with the keyboard, but a track pad should also work. I'm not sure about Mac - did they not have right click? Because the game uses left and right for different actions.

When you open the menu (press Esc), there is an options tab that lets you change the keys certain actions are linked to. For example, I play without a mouse and use arrow keys instead of WASD.

Usually, actions like taking it interacting with doors are linked to mouse left or right and X or C.

You can look up in the menu what your keys are.
THANK YOU! I will definitely try that!