Help a new player?

yummi

Greenhorn
Hello♡ I'm new into stardew Valley (started 2 days ago) there's A LOT I can do so can y'all give me some tips or basic things I could start with? And which bachelor would be the best to marry? I like Alex, couldn't find much things about him tbh ☆

RennyBenny

Sodbuster
Hiya and welcome! For bachelors to marry, it depends on who you’re interested in I guess, but personally I would avoid Shane because he isn’t the best partner during marriage. If you’re interested in Alex, his favorites are Salmon Dinner and Complete Breakfast, which you can get from Gus at the Stardrop Saloon. For bachelors I picked Elliott, who’s my top pick and recommendation, he’s very romantic and he writes poems.

yummi

Greenhorn
Hiya and welcome! For bachelors to marry, it depends on who you’re interested in I guess, but personally I would avoid Shane because he isn’t the best partner during marriage. If you’re interested in Alex, his favorites are Salmon Dinner and Complete Breakfast, which you can get from Gus at the Stardrop Saloon. For bachelors I picked Elliott, who’s my top pick and recommendation, he’s very romantic and he writes poems.
Ohh I was thinking about picking elliot too cuz he seemed very cute! And tysm♡♡♡♡

Welcome on board, yummi! As for basic tips or things you can start with it would be helpful to learn what you already did in the game. Having started 2 days ago, surely you have already welcomed all the villagers and sown your 15 parsnips? And maybe you've already given someone a gift?

Best check your journal regularly. It tells you what you could do next. And get tips from "Living off the Land" on TV twice a week.

Otherwise, the game is so free that everyone can proceed as they please. Personally, I always make sure that I upgrade my tools at Clint's as soon as possible, especially pickaxe and axe, so that you use less energy cutting wood and breaking stones. Oh yes, and a bigger backpack! I earn most of the money I need at the beginning by fishing as much as I can and selling foraged items. Just don't sell any wood, stone, fibre or sap - you will need it.

You will have tons of fun - but watch out! SDV is highly addictive. 😉

yummi

Greenhorn
Welcome on board, yummi! As for basic tips or things you can start with it would be helpful to learn what you already did in the game. Having started 2 days ago, surely you have already welcomed all the villagers and sown your 15 parsnips? And maybe you've already given someone a gift?

Best check your journal regularly. It tells you what you could do next. And get tips from "Living off the Land" on TV twice a week.

Otherwise, the game is so free that everyone can proceed as they please. Personally, I always make sure that I upgrade my tools at Clint's as soon as possible, especially pickaxe and axe, so that you use less energy cutting wood and breaking stones. Oh yes, and a bigger backpack! I earn most of the money I need at the beginning by fishing as much as I can and selling foraged items. Just don't sell any wood, stone, fibre or sap - you will need it.

You will have tons of fun - but watch out! SDV is highly addictive. 😉
tysm <3 i did most of these things so i think Im save for now 🤍 but yeah sdv is really addictive 😭

Ereo

Helper
My tips for new players:

1) you can’t miss anything. Play at your own pace and enjoy. Things come back around.

2) watch TV and and read everything - letters, dialogue, books in the library, just everything you can. There’s a lot of hidden information, but it is somewhere.

3) the wiki is great, but it’ll also contain lots of spoilers. I would recommend not using it for the first play-through. You can always ask here if you get stuck somewhere but don’t want too many spoilers.

4) time and energy are your limited resources in the beginning. Pick one thing to do each day, don’t try to do everything at once. Once you run out of energy, eat something or spend the rest of the day exploring.