Windows [HELP] 32-bit Compatability mode for people who bought the disc?

Elliander

Farmhand
Hi, I purchased the physical version of Stardew Valley for both the Nintendo Switch (as a cart) and for PC (As a CD) from Fangamer. As I recall, after I purchased the game it was a real pain to try and get updates for it because the guides all focused on GOG or Steam:

Back then the solution was to install on a machine with steam and then copy the updated files from the steam install to the PC I wanted to play on without steam, but I'm having a similar problem once again. See, I want to install and run on a Windows XP machine, which is strictly 32-bit, but that no longer works. Per this page:

There are instructions for Steam and GOG, but people who purchased the physical version are similarly excluded. In this case it's a bit more complicated because the computer that has steam on it is 64-bit and I really don't want to expose the 32-bit system to the internet for security reasons.

So how exactly am I supposed to switch to 32-bit mode if I purchased the physical version? It's not like the physical version is discontinued or anything. It's still sold here:

I don't suppose there will ever be a simple updater that will work regardless of the version we buy which would let us at that point select the compatibility mode?