[Help!] [1.5] I'm at 90% perfection, but I only have 35% Great Friends and 77% Cooking Recipes Made. Lord knows how long THAT'S gonna take.

BirdsToeEight

Greenhorn
[UPDATE: I cooked Fried Eel since fall just arrived in-game.
So, good news. I'm at 90% perfection, FINALLY! But the bad news is that, to get to 100%, I have to befriend TWENTY-TWO villagers fully, which is gonna take more than 5 in-game weeks, hence the fact that you can only give villagers 2 gifts every week (in which the gift quota resets every Sunday) and you can only talk to them once a day. Don't worry, I've been giving them their favorite gifts, but by "them," I mean Robin and George because it's easier to take a few villagers at a time than all of them at once. And I've been at least trying to talk to them every day, but it gets tiring when the heart level doesn't increase after 10 conversations (Hyperbole). And I can't even begin to imagine all of the stuff I have to cook. Getting to the point I am now cooking-wise was tedious and took a whole in-game year. So far, I've only unlocked (and cooked, with an exception being fried eel) Fried Eel, Fried Egg, Omelet, Cheese Cauliflower, Baked Fish, Parsnip Soup, Vegetable Medley, Complete Breakfast, Strange Bun, Lucky Lunch, Pizza, Glazed Yams, Carp Surprise, Hash browns, Pancakes, Salmon Dinner, Fish Taco, Pepper Poppers, Bread, Tom Kha Soup, Trout Soup, Chocolate Cake, Pink Cake, Sashimi, Maki Roll, Tortilla, Blueberry Tart, Pumpkin Soup, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, Farmer's Lunch, Survival Burger, Dish O' The Sea, Miner's Treat, Roots Platter, Triple Shot Espresso, Seafoam Pudding, Plum Pudding, Artichoke Dip, Stir Fry, Roasted Hazelnuts, Pumpkin Pie, Radish Salad, Fruit Salad, Blackberry Cobbler, Cranberry Candy, Bruschetta, Coleslaw, Fiddlehead Risotto, Poppyseed Muffin, Chowder, Fish Stew, Escargot, Lobster Bisque, Maple Bar, Crab Cakes, Shrimp Cocktail, Ginger Ale, Banana Pudding, Mango Sticky Rice, Poi, Tropical Curry, and Squid Ink Ravioli. So that means there are a total of 18 more things I need to cook, and 17 things I need to unlock the recipe for. I can't identify all of the locked recipes, but some of them, judging by things I've obtained from other sources, some of them are extremely obvious, like Ice Cream, Cookies, and what looks to me like Piña Colada, despite the fact that I don't remember its exact shape. In conclusion, I'm asking if there's any faster way to do ALL of that. I would be most grateful if somebody could please respond ASAP, because it won't be long before the IRL weekend is over. Thank you for reading this uncontrollably long post, and your patience./SPOILER]

Last edited:

stardew_luv

Planter
Friendship is imho THE worst part of perfection. My advice is watch for birthdays and make sure to ALWAYS give loved gift on a bday. Try to also give 2 loved gifts a week if possible. Also liked or loved movies with a loved snack can really boost friendships. Remember you can only do one movie a week. Also maxing out as many as possible a few at a time is better than trying to prevent decay on everyone. Do not forget birthdays though. But at home calendar from Robins if you don’t already have one.

Never rush perfection or you WILL burn your IRL self out. It’s a pain and I recommend it once and done forever.

BirdsToeEight

Greenhorn
Friendship is imho THE worst part of perfection. My advice is watch for birthdays and make sure to ALWAYS give loved gift on a bday. Try to also give 2 loved gifts a week if possible. Also liked or loved movies with a loved snack can really boost friendships. Remember you can only do one movie a week. Also maxing out as many as possible a few at a time is better than trying to prevent decay on everyone. Do not forget birthdays though. But at home calendar from Robins if you don’t already have one.

Never rush perfection or you WILL burn your IRL self out. It’s a pain and I recommend it once and done forever.
Thank you so much. I'll wait for more comments about the whole cooking thing, but something I wanted to say is why I'm trying to get perfection as quick as possible is one, so I can get infinite prismatic shards, and two, because there's nothing better to do while waiting for 1.6 to release on switch edition. After all, there will be a lot more crafting and cooking items, let me just say. It's freaking me out. This is a certified IT'S PIZZA TIME moment![/QUOTE]

MogBeoulve

Farmer
If you have not maxed out friendship with everyone already, I would hazard a guess that many of the recipes you are missing are the ones you get from reaching certain heart levels with the remaining villagers. As far as I know, there is not a super quick way to rush raising friendship in 1.5.

There are some tips for making friends relatively quickly, though. One of my favorites is to hit the saloon on Friday evenings, as well as Pierre's on Tuesdays. Since there will be several villagers present, bring a surplus of easy gifts like diamonds or high quality rabbit feet. I can never remember the days when the kids have school with Penny, or I'd swing by the library on those days. I'm pretty sure they are at the playground on Saturdays, though.

If you can, take on the Qi quest for 50 loved gifts in one week. You'll be doing it anyway, so you might as well get qi gems out of it.

stardew_luv

Planter
Thank you so much. I'll wait for more comments about the whole cooking thing, but something I wanted to say is why I'm trying to get perfection as quick as possible is one, so I can get infinite prismatic shards, and two, because there's nothing better to do while waiting for 1.6 to release on switch edition. After all, there will be a lot more crafting and cooking items, let me just say. It's freaking me out. This is a certified IT'S PIZZA TIME moment!
[/QUOTE]
I totally understand. Sorry for the delay, it’s usually faster with console. I wonder if they haven’t hit a snag with some of the companies releasing the game (Nintendo, PlayStation, etc.)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly people make out friendship to be really bad but in my opinion it isn't.

You can raise friendship with everyone in a matter of 2 months (or 1 if they have a birthday), and there are plenty of options like stardrop tea, the movie theater, and talking to them daily which can supplement and catch loose ends.

The trick is gifting solely loved gifts of decent quality, it doesn't have to be rabbit feet, when I am getting to the friendship part of perfection I usually look at whoever's birthday is in the next 2 months and gift them regular quality loved gifts, everyone else gets the easiest loved gift with quality as possible, most npcs love a fish or crop which is super easy to get at least at gold.
Anyone else gets rabbit feet but by then you've narrowed it down from 80 rabbit feet a week to maybe 6-7 npcs who need them.

stardew_luv

Planter
Honestly people make out friendship to be really bad but in my opinion it isn't.

You can raise friendship with everyone in a matter of 2 months (or 1 if they have a birthday), and there are plenty of options like stardrop tea, the movie theater, and talking to them daily which can supplement and catch loose ends.

The trick is gifting solely loved gifts of decent quality, it doesn't have to be rabbit feet, when I am getting to the friendship part of perfection I usually look at whoever's birthday is in the next 2 months and gift them regular quality loved gifts, everyone else gets the easiest loved gift with quality as possible, most npcs love a fish or crop which is super easy to get at least at gold.
Anyone else gets rabbit feet but by then you've narrowed it down from 80 rabbit feet a week to maybe 6-7 npcs who need them.
They are on console so don’t have stardrop tea.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
You can buy waivers to get 100%, without farming anything else.

For me, the worst part, is constructing all items, because some are locked behind qi and special orders questlines. I am so gonna pay, for the % i lack from Perfection.

Oddly enough, for me friendship is the easiest part of perfection (apart from skill levels).

I have made it a habit to give loved birthday gifts to absolutely everyone from the outset (okay, in Spring 1 you won't have enough loved gifts yet, but you can give liked gifts at least). Additionally I accept each and every quest possible. This way I get full heart rating of nearly every NPC (except Leo and Krobus maybe) not later than at the beginning of year 3 - without any additional gifts and occasional conversations only.

The dishes you are missing are indeed dependent on friendship: ice cream from Jodi, cookies from Evelyn, Pina Colada from Gus' Resort Bar on Ginger Island. When I strive for perfection, I save cooking, selling and crafting until the end, because only then will I most likely have all the recipes and items.

What year are you in? I presume from the outset that perfection can be achieved in the 5th year at the earliest, because it requires an incredible amount of gold (money). There are speed runners and min/maxers who reach perfection in the year 2. I can give you no say in that matter, because this would be far too stressful for me.

BirdsToeEight

Greenhorn
Oddly enough, for me friendship is the easiest part of perfection (apart from skill levels).

I have made it a habit to give loved birthday gifts to absolutely everyone from the outset (okay, in Spring 1 you won't have enough loved gifts yet, but you can give liked gifts at least). Additionally I accept each and every quest possible. This way I get full heart rating of nearly every NPC (except Leo and Krobus maybe) not later than at the beginning of year 3 - without any additional gifts and occasional conversations only.

The dishes you are missing are indeed dependent on friendship: ice cream from Jodi, cookies from Evelyn, Pina Colada from Gus' Resort Bar on Ginger Island. When I strive for perfection, I save cooking, selling and crafting until the end, because only then will I most likely have all the recipes and items.

What year are you in? I presume from the outset that perfection can be achieved in the 5th year at the earliest, because it requires an incredible amount of gold (money). There are speed runners and min/maxers who reach perfection in the year 2. I can give you no say in that matter, because this would be far too stressful for me.
I am in YEAR 20. And as of today, I have befriended the following people completely:
- Krobus (Housemate)
- Leo
- Wizard
- Caroline
- Abigail
- Maru
- Sebastian
- Dwarf
- Gus
- Robin
- Linus
- Willy
- Pam
- Sandy
- George
- Shane

And I find it really "Concern[edApe]"ing that I don't have everyone befriended yet. I also unlocked fried calamari, Ice cream, and Super meal. I've cooked all of the items i mentioned except super meal. Jokes aside, that is true. But I only have 18 more people, and right now I'm working on Jodi, Kent, Sam, and Vincent. For Kent and Jodi, I'm only missing two hearts. Sam, I'm missing 3 (if you don't count the dating ones), and Vincent, I'm missing 5. I'm focused on Vincent the LEAST because having to cook all those pink cakes and fit them in with all those silver quality cactus fruits, fiddlehead risotto, pancakes, and only Yoba knows what else would be a hassle. Additionally, it would leave me with even MORE individual trips to make to put my daily fish and plant produce in the shipping bins one at a time tediously, due to smaller empty inventory space. But, eventually, I'll get to the bottom of the list, and then...

*Boss defeated jingle - Noise edition plays*

Rancher
I always manage to 10-heart almost everyone before I even build the movie theater, without bothering too much about loved gifts. If I can get some of these, great, but I do not go out of my way for them. I found out that liked gifts and regular conversations are sufficient, especially gold-quality likes. I know that a lot of villagers like daffodils and sweet pea flowers, which are plentiful, and for the ones who don't, I always keep on myself an extra serving of gold-quality parsnips or any other inexpensive crop (or even mayo) that I gift to whoever I bump into (and I talk to them when gifting. Those points add up!). There are a couple villagers where this strategy do not work, but these are easy to bypass by checking the wiki, especially since by then I'll have a steadier supply of specific loves (void mayo, duck feather and whatnot).

My biggest trouble is actually finding certain people themselves, more than gifts they like.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I am in YEAR 20. And as of today, I have befriended the following people completely:
- Krobus (Housemate)
- Leo
- Wizard
- Caroline
- Abigail
- Maru
- Sebastian
- Dwarf
- Gus
- Robin
- Linus
- Willy
- Pam
- Sandy
- George
- Shane

And I find it really "Concern[edApe]"ing that I don't have everyone befriended yet. I also unlocked fried calamari, Ice cream, and Super meal. I've cooked all of the items i mentioned except super meal. Jokes aside, that is true. But I only have 18 more people, and right now I'm working on Jodi, Kent, Sam, and Vincent. For Kent and Jodi, I'm only missing two hearts. Sam, I'm missing 3 (if you don't count the dating ones), and Vincent, I'm missing 5. I'm focused on Vincent the LEAST because having to cook all those pink cakes and fit them in with all those silver quality cactus fruits, fiddlehead risotto, pancakes, and only Yoba knows what else would be a hassle. Additionally, it would leave me with even MORE individual trips to make to put my daily fish and plant produce in the shipping bins one at a time tediously, due to smaller empty inventory space. But, eventually, I'll get to the bottom of the list, and then...

*Boss defeated jingle - Noise edition plays*
Vincent likes snails. Chuck a couple crab pots in your farm pond. Or are you specifically giving loved gifts and not liked? I find it is easier to just give things that are easy to obtain even if they don't raise hearts as quickly. I'm less stressed about it and I always get there eventually.

FarmerMeg

Cowpoke
Vincent likes snails. Chuck a couple crab pots in your farm pond. Or are you specifically giving loved gifts and not liked? I find it is easier to just give things that are easy to obtain even if they don't raise hearts as quickly. I'm less stressed about it and I always get there eventually.
Vincent also loves Grapes, which you can get as foraging in summer/crops in Fall. That's always my go-to for befriending him.