Hello, just wanted to introduce myself!

Welcome to the forums and nice to meet you, Hollowess!
I'm also in a lot of fandoms, including Stranger Things, Cobra Kai, a lot of horror, Percy Jackson (books), Avatar: The Last Airbender, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Umbrella Academy, Lost (the show), lots of 80s movies, and more.
Hmm, I do love Avatar: The Last Airbender! I think the story is pretty well made (well, mostly). But yeah, I can't say the same with its sequel.
Getting into anime is like walking into a literal minefield, as it's either hit or miss with each person. What's good for you may not be good for others, and everyone has their own taste.

My advice is don't pay attention to what's "popular" or "mainstream" and just browse and find what interests you. I dislike the vast majority of popular animes, but i've found a great many lesser known animes that are amazing. However, there are a handful of "mainstream" animes that i do like, so it's not like i dislike things just because they're popular, I simply don't like them.
That's exactly what I do! I sweep through many animes looking for the one that fits my taste (not caring that it's popular or not), then put them in a watchlist. Though I tend to not check animes with rating below 7.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an amazing series. Unfortunately, I bought the sequel without previewing the show and the phrase "Let Down!" just does not cover it. Tokyo MewMew is a cute kid rated anime.
I completely agree with your statement on the sequel. It just couldn't hold a candle to the original. Not even close. The expectation of something as good as AATL and only getting Korra was... let's say, disappointing...

Corvus

Sodbuster
You can call me Sam, it's my nickname and I typically go by it on any site. It also happens to be a name of one of the NPC's in Stardew Valley, so just wanted to say I don't go by it because of that.
My very first game, knowing nothing at all, I picked "Gus" for my character's name, figuring that would be unusual enough to not be duplicated by any of the NPCs. I was wrong.

Corvus

Sodbuster
Hmm, I do love Avatar: The Last Airbender! I think the story is pretty well made (well, mostly). But yeah, I can't say the same with its sequel.
A lot of people say that and while I didn't enjoy ATLOK as well as ATLA I think it was mainly the severing of the past avatars -- one of the big sensawunda for me. OTOH, 10,000 is a magic number in Asian cultures* so a 10,000 year cycle made sense. My honey really disliked Korra as being arrogant but I said she was an imperfect hero and when she was broken in season 3, it was a real gut-punch.

*For example, Wan Shi Tong's epithet, He who knows 10,000 things, is shorthand that he knows everything.

I generally like the imperfect hero, but still trying. This means I will reframe from voicing my opinion of Kora as she does not fit that category.

Thank you @Hollowess for joining the forums, greatly appreciate you being here and can't wait to see what awesome conversations will come up!

NextPaige

Planter
Hi, I've been a fan of Stardew Valley for years now, so I'm surprised it took me so long to join the forums. Anyways, I'm here now and I guess I should introduce myself.

You can call me Sam, it's my nickname and I typically go by it on any site. It also happens to be a name of one of the NPC's in Stardew Valley, so just wanted to say I don't go by it because of that. 😂

I'm a big fan of Stardew Valley (of course), but I also enjoy playing the Story of Seasons franchise, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, Splatoon 2, Neverwinter, Genshin Impact, and more.

I currently enjoy doing digital art, reading, and gaming. (I do want to say really quick, my profile picture is not made by me. It's a fanart of Reina from Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, and I'll put the link of who made it in my bio).

I'm also in a lot of fandoms, including Stranger Things, Cobra Kai, a lot of horror, Percy Jackson (books), Avatar: The Last Airbender, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Umbrella Academy, Lost (the show), lots of 80s movies, and more. (I'm also considering getting into anime, though I'm not sure).

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and have a great rest of your day/night! ❤
I recommend getting into anime. Some of my favorites include but are not limited to Tokyo Revengers, Attack on Titan, and Jujutsu Kaisen!

A lot of people say that and while I didn't enjoy ATLOK as well as ATLA I think it was mainly the severing of the past avatars -- one of the big sensawunda for me. OTOH, 10,000 is a magic number in Asian cultures* so a 10,000 year cycle made sense. My honey really disliked Korra as being arrogant but I said she was an imperfect hero and when she was broken in season 3, it was a real gut-punch.

*For example, Wan Shi Tong's epithet, He who knows 10,000 things, is shorthand that he knows everything.
Yeah, I don't mind Korra being arrogant or imperfect. What I am annoyed is her romance life. It's just a mess and inconsistent. But at least I can see Varrick and Zhu Li married in the end. Their scenes are my favorite part out of all, and the thing that prevent me from disliking the sequel even more.

Last edited: