Hello, just wanted to introduce myself!

Hollowess

Farmhand
Hi, I've been a fan of Stardew Valley for years now, so I'm surprised it took me so long to join the forums. Anyways, I'm here now and I guess I should introduce myself.

You can call me Sam, it's my nickname and I typically go by it on any site. It also happens to be a name of one of the NPC's in Stardew Valley, so just wanted to say I don't go by it because of that. 😂

I'm a big fan of Stardew Valley (of course), but I also enjoy playing the Story of Seasons franchise, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, Splatoon 2, Neverwinter, Genshin Impact, and more.

I currently enjoy doing digital art, reading, and gaming. (I do want to say really quick, my profile picture is not made by me. It's a fanart of Reina from Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, and I'll put the link of who made it in my bio).

I'm also in a lot of fandoms, including Stranger Things, Cobra Kai, a lot of horror, Percy Jackson (books), Avatar: The Last Airbender, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Umbrella Academy, Lost (the show), lots of 80s movies, and more. (I'm also considering getting into anime, though I'm not sure).

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and have a great rest of your day/night! ❤

Hi, I've been a fan of Stardew Valley for years now, so I'm surprised it took me so long to join the forums. Anyways, I'm here now and I guess I should introduce myself.

You can call me Sam, it's my nickname and I typically go by it on any site. It also happens to be a name of one of the NPC's in Stardew Valley, so just wanted to say I don't go by it because of that. 😂

I'm a big fan of Stardew Valley (of course), but I also enjoy playing the Story of Seasons franchise, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda, Splatoon 2, Neverwinter, Genshin Impact, and more.

I currently enjoy doing digital art, reading, and gaming. (I do want to say really quick, my profile picture is not made by me. It's a fanart of Reina from Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, and I'll put the link of who made it in my bio).

I'm also in a lot of fandoms, including Stranger Things, Cobra Kai, a lot of horror, Percy Jackson (books), Avatar: The Last Airbender, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Umbrella Academy, Lost (the show), lots of 80s movies, and more. (I'm also considering getting into anime, though I'm not sure).

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and have a great rest of your day/night! ❤
Hello Sam! It's nice to meet you! I used to really like the Percy Jackson books too (I have other books that I like reading now) I also really like AATL. I would recommend getting into anime. They're a lot of really good ones out there. In fact, I happen to know that there are several off-topic threads about anime here (you should totally check them out)

Hollowess

Farmhand
Hello Sam! It's nice to meet you! I used to really like the Percy Jackson books too (I have other books that I like reading now) I also really like AATL. I would recommend getting into anime. They're a lot of really good ones out there. In fact, I happen to know that there are several off-topic threads about anime here (you should totally check them out)
Nice to meet you too! May I ask, are you a D&D player? I just saw D&D in your signature area and was wondering, because I play D&D too. Also, which channels would I look for anime advice?

Hollowess

Farmhand
Howdy, not-related-to-Vincent Sam and welcome to the forum! I hope you have a lot of fun here and there's a good amount of off topic discussions about your other interests. Um, yeah, well I've seen some '80 movies... and really one day I'm going to play a Zelda game. But haven't yet. Why yes, under that rock other there is where I've been living...
😂 Haha thanks!! And Breath of the Wild is a really good Zelda game (in my opinion) if you do decide to play.

Nice to meet you too! May I ask, are you a D&D player? I just saw D&D in your signature area and was wondering, because I play D&D too. Also, which channels would I look for anime advice?
I love D&D! I'm actually working on a homebrew ruleset as I'm writing this lol. Lemme find the threads. I'll write a comment with the links soon.

Hello and welcome to the forums!!! 😋 Just a warning I will forget you like to be called Sam :sweat:. That memory thing...can it be replaced by post-it's...
I play mostly Stardew, Story of Seasons and Harvest Moons and Animal Crossing New Horizons. Right now, I am all about Rune Factory 4! It's a lot of fun, but I don't see it lasting multiple games like SoS and HM. The 10th Doctor is awesome! So, is D&D making a comeback? It seems like I am hearing more about it these days,

LRangerR

Local Legend
Getting into anime is like walking into a literal minefield, as it's either hit or miss with each person. What's good for you may not be good for others, and everyone has their own taste.

My advice is don't pay attention to what's "popular" or "mainstream" and just browse and find what interests you. I dislike the vast majority of popular animes, but i've found a great many lesser known animes that are amazing. However, there are a handful of "mainstream" animes that i do like, so it's not like i dislike things just because they're popular, I simply don't like them.

Hollowess

Farmhand
Getting into anime is like walking into a literal minefield, as it's either hit or miss with each person. What's good for you may not be good for others, and everyone has their own taste.

My advice is don't pay attention to what's "popular" or "mainstream" and just browse and find what interests you. I dislike the vast majority of popular animes, but i've found a great many lesser known animes that are amazing. However, there are a handful of "mainstream" animes that i do like, so it's not like i dislike things just because they're popular, I simply don't like them.
I personally dislike anime that depicts girls badly, so I'm trying to find some that doesn't incorporate that but I'm not having much luck so far. :laugh:

I personally dislike anime that depicts girls badly, so I'm trying to find some that don't incorporate that but I'm not having much luck so far. :laugh:
Well, with a lot of them it is kinda just part of the genre, unfortunately. I just look past it (sometimes my mom has a hard time though lol) Though I would definitely agree with you that it doesn't appeal to everyone.