Hat trouble...

Barage49

Farmhand
I've been having a lot of trouble deciding which hat to wear in Stardew. Right now I'm wearing the golden helmet (half a golden coconut) just because it's shiny and I like it but it feels time for an upgrade. Any favourites or suggestions? :)

swaggy hat stardew.jpg

P.S. Don't mind the extreme and blinding swagger of my outfit... or the picture quality I can't screenshot on Xbox lol

Lew Zealand

Helper
There is no better Hat than the Deluxe Pirate Hat. And as a result of that, there is a tacit restriction on who is allowed to wear it so it's superiority and headwarming effects are not diluted by indecent overexposure. Even I, as the Director of the Deluxe Pirate Hat Appreciation Society (and charter member), am restricted in its headular placement in that I must remove my spectacles before donning the headgear of Excessive Respect. There are certain clothing restrictions for Non-Directors as the Sparkle Shirt is the Royal Dress of the Directors and thus others must concern themselves with appropriate matches. Unfortunately that leaves lesser modes of dress and generally leaves non-Directors with a feeling of... emptiness.

There can be only one Pirate Queen (and Director/CEO)

So then we're left with Cat Ears, Living Hat, Hair Bone, and Frog Hat only 2 of which I even have!

Plus a very special Hat that I keep forgetting to grind for. Nothing can replace the Pirate Hat. But.. but...

there is another...

Barage49

Farmhand
After copious amounts of intensive research, we at the Hat Appreciation and Thankfulness Board of Ostentatious Individuals (HATBOI) have deemed your judgement entirely fair and accurate, oh DPHAS Director/Charter Member/Pirate Queen. Evidently, the living hat will be a total pain in the butt to obtain, however, the rest are doable and shall be done at some point or other. Your hat preachings have been well received and appreciated, although I am curious about this other exquisite piece of headgear you speak of... Something to best the headgear of Excessive Respect must surely be magnificent.

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
Is there even more than one option?

Because games are all about giggles, right? And nothing beats this:

Hat Trouble 1.jpg

By far the best. 100% superior.

To get it, you must show true commitment. Every Trashcan in the realm of Stardew has a very small chance of launching this gift of the gods towards you mortal body.

Trash Can Galore.png

So work hard and claim the reward, O Pirates!

Barage49

Farmhand

View attachment 9377

To get it, you must show true commitment. Every Trashcan in the realm of Stardew has a very small chance of launching this gift of the gods towards you mortal body.

View attachment 9378

Verily, I shall propel myself to the status of trash goblin and attempt to acquire said hat because I would 100% don a garbage cap upon mine noggin just for the hell of it. The possibilities are endless! The only issue is that it's a 1/500 chance but I've beat odds worse than that. Thank you for enlightening me with your knowledge of garbage-based divine fashion :)

If you defeat Abigail wear the straw hat to gloat. Same for ice fishing!
If you like to be weird you can't beat the blobfish mask. It's great for kids!
Feeling spooky? Witch hat or skeleton mask. Both are great for Spirit's eve.
Other amazing and ridiculous options include the chicken mask, goblin mask, living hat, mushroom cap, dwarf helm, pumpkin mask, dinosaur hat, golden mask, frog hat, bluebird mask, or tiger hat.
Bridal veil is not for every day wear.
And of course, you can go ahead and pop your panning pan on your head if you want!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hmmm... sooo... When it rains.

What's the— ehm, ambiance like?

Pitter patter? Drone? Tinkle? Ratta-tatt? Potato potato? Crumpling aluminum foil? Get to da choppah??

Do animals scatter before you? Well, more than usual. Or just from a further distance? What about other people? OK, Elliott specifically. Just asking.. for Science! For a science friend.

And... alsoooo, where can I get that square red hula hoop you're holding?

FairyRing

Farmer
Okay well as I am not as well spoken as many on here and as all the best fascinators have been exposed already....
Here is mine. The totally immature and childish propeller hat. Note the outfit. The extremely happy face T, maybe those are my boxers maybe not, and some shiny purple shoes.
Note also I had to get an iCloud storage upgrade to be able to get my kid like pic on here. So you're welcome.
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.51.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.37.21 PM.png
sshh just a lesser pirate over here really.

FairyRing

Farmer

View attachment 9377

View attachment 9378

Yes, for giggles!! Yay! The bucket hat is pretty silly too.

Pitter patter? Drone? Tinkle? Ratta-tatt? Potato potato? Crumpling aluminum foil? Get to da choppah??

Do animals scatter before you? Well, more than usual. Or just from a further distance? What about other people? OK, Elliott specifically. Just asking.. for Science! For a science friend.

maybe it says "peas and carrots, peas and carrots, peas and carrots."

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Note also I had to get an iCloud storage upgrade to be able to get my kid like pic on here. So you're welcome.

sshh just a lesser pirate over here really.
Now wait just a well-chosen minute here! Verily, tucked in the britches of this post I spy a shrunken scallywag, more than a common ruffian and a possessor of the noggin hugger of rare delight and built-in single eye protection.

Such possession of the esteemed wrangler of bedhead hairstyles deserves some closer inspection, as none but the most fearsome of parrot-swindlers have achieved the Level 10 DLC v2.0 beta exploration expansion pack Eyepatch and Frilly Feather upgrade to their erstwhile pedestrian Pirate Hat. This is an occasion of some note.

Unfortunately I forgot mine, so here ya go: Congrats and welcome to the club! Secret handshake and onboarding protocol pamphlet will arrive through the mail in 6-8 weeks.

Also +1 Involvement and associated social status and Watering Can efficiency for the iCloud upgrade just to post a pic. Thanks!

The pursuit of fashion, from no matter what direction, shall know no bounds or at least not necessarily exceeding the bounds of $0.99/mo.

Barage49

Farmhand
If you defeat Abigail wear the straw hat to gloat. Same for ice fishing!
If you like to be weird you can't beat the blobfish mask. It's great for kids!
Feeling spooky? Witch hat or skeleton mask. Both are great for Spirit's eve.
Other amazing and ridiculous options include the chicken mask, goblin mask, living hat, mushroom cap, dwarf helm, pumpkin mask, dinosaur hat, golden mask, frog hat, bluebird mask, or tiger hat.
Bridal veil is not for every day wear.
And of course, you can go ahead and pop your panning pan on your head if you want!
Oddly enough I have several blobfish on hand so I definitely want to try that. I've yet to consider the mask route but that's something I should probably explore :)

Barage49

Farmhand
Okay well as I am not as well spoken as many on here and as all the best fascinators have been exposed already....
Here is mine. The totally immature and childish propeller hat. Note the outfit. The extremely happy face T, maybe those are my boxers maybe not, and some shiny purple shoes.
View attachment 9379
View attachment 9380 sshh just a lesser pirate over here really.
Absolutely brilliant! The propeller hat is a must-try without a doubt. And although I am not yet an expert I'd say that is a damn good pirate. I will try to reassess once I obtain some of my own pirate booty to turn into a hat. Until then my stance remains formally aye, "emphatically aye" pending. Props for the cloud storage upgrade too! I'm glad to have been blessed with the sight of that fancy T you've got on.

FairyRing

Farmer
disclaimer✋ added words in different colors/ by FairyRing, don't hold Lew responsible.

Now wait just a well-chosen(mini-donut) minute here! Verily, tucked in the britches of this post I spy(something round, brown and hairy) a shrunken scallywag (AAArrrrrr much like a shrunken head but a little cuter), more than a common ruffian (A truffle ruffian.) and a possessor of the noggin hugger (eeeep face hugger jump scare!) of rare delight and built-in single eye protection (That you can't wear prescription eyewear with but how would that work anyway... a monocle!?)

Such possession of the esteemed wrangler of bedhead hairstyles deserves some closer inspection (let's not inspect my bedhead.), as none but the most fearsome of parrot-swindlers (con those birdies good) have achieved the Level 10 DLC v2.0 beta(fish) exploration expansion pack Eyepatch and Frilly Feather (Gotta love the frickin' frilly feather!) upgrade to their erstwhile pedestrian Pirate Hat (get thee behind me oh hat of lesser stature) This is an occasion of some note. (well, hot d#mn!)

Unfortunately I forgot mine, so here ya go: Congrats and welcome to the club (Yay for me!)! Secret handshake and onboarding protocol pamphlet (oh good, I like my handshakes in pamphlets rather than in person) will arrive through the mail in 6-8 weeks.

Also +1 Involvement and associated social status and Watering Can efficiency for the iCloud upgrade just to post a pic. Thanks! (sigh I was actually planning on doing it anyway...😔.)

The pursuit of fashion, from no matter what direction (to infinity and beyond) , shall know no bounds or at least not necessarily exceeding the bounds of $0.99/mo. (buy the JojaMax upgrade you'll feel real.)
Oh and Ostrich Jockeys are required to wear the Dee-Lux Pirate hat, so I've heard. Also, also I chose the red and white striped piratey shirt which is a pretty safe fashion choice, whilst another dread pirate chose the sparkly shirt and luau skirt which is a lot more fabulous and said dread pirate has procured the acclaimed tiger slime egg! I defer to the Queen of pirates. I am the truffle-ruffian pirate.

Last edited:

FairyRing

Farmer
Absolutely brilliant! The propeller hat is a must-try without a doubt. And although I am not yet an expert I'd say that is a damn good pirate. I will try to reassess once I obtain some of my own pirate booty to turn into a hat. Until then my stance remains formally aye, "emphatically aye" pending. Props for the cloud storage upgrade too! I'm glad to have been blessed with the sight of that fancy T you've got on.
AAAArrr a damn good one! One day the hat will find ye aaarrrr!

FairyRing

Farmer
Oddly enough I have several blobfish on hand so I definitely want to try that. I've yet to consider the mask route but that's something I should probably explore :)
Masks are great for the month of the Spirit's Eve festival. I try to wear a different costume every week of the month during fall.
I guess that could be a fashion challenge- a different outfit every week of the year! Continuously! EEP!

Hill Myna

Farmer

...uh, more like PLONK-ity-PLONK. Ya know, the usual.
Well, you see, my Pigs are rather attracted to the smell... but Elliott? I'm not often near him. He's just so... outta the way.

As for the rest of the villagers, they couldn't care less. It's my... unique hair style. They all have their's (looking at you, Jas), so mine is actually fairly standard.
That's the effect of the "Always Show Tool Hit Indicator" setting. Extremely useful in my opinion, but it does make the game feel a bit more mechanical.