Hardcore mode

ns028619

Greenhorn
Altogether its not with the theme of the main game, but if you have mastered the game and want more of a challenge then this should be good.
1. Day one you are cursed by the witch. It drains your health and stamina until there is 1 left at midnight.
2. Monsters spawn on your farm all the time. Starts with simple monsters that progressively get harder as the days go on. By the end of year 1 you will have monsters from the desert.
3. Fishing is 50-100% harder and don't bite as often.
4. Blight- slows plants growth and will kill them. Spreads 3 tiles in each direction from an infected plant.
5. Sickness- animals will have a high chance to get sick and won't produce for two days.
6. Drought- watering can fills halfway and drains the stamina bar faster.
7. Tough town- towns people will destroy random craftables on your farm until you reach level 6 hearts with them. You will only receive gifts from them at 10 hearts.
They will hit you if you try to talk to them until 3 hearts.
8. Prices are higher until community center or joja warehouse is done.
9. Rot- plants or seeds stored will turn to rot after two seasons, unless its in the fridge. Things you can find are much more likely to be rotten.
10. Poision- eating rot or bad food will reduce your health. Eating mushrooms will immediately reduce your health to 1.

tommybob

Planter
This is some brutal stuff right here. To make it truly a hardcore mode, I feel it needs to delete your save on death!

ns028619

Greenhorn
This may be hard, but I wouldn't go that far. Even in dark souls you get to try again. Could add on this:
In the start you are in debt, because your grandpa didn't pay off the house. You can take a loan from the mayor. If you get 500,000 in debt it's game over and they take the house back.

Meepo

Farmhand
This sounds entertaining, are you still interested in making this/made it already?

Or have you moved on from this project? I'd like to try it out if you haven't... :dust::dust::dust: