Greenhouse

Antsy

Tiller
Ancient fruit is great because it will keep on going forever and of course it's very profitable. I also plant some coffee, strawberries, and hops, although I may replace some or all of them later on. Hops are great not only for pale ale, which is an early very profitable artisan good, but gold hops are an excellent and plentiful energy source. I usually keep some space open for starfruit and/or pumpkins at least for a while, as well as growing things like beets or rhubarb or anything else needed. While you're working on propagating your ancient fruit, you can use the rest of the greenhouse to plant any off-season crop you like to grow. And I normally plant some fruit trees around the paved part of the greenhouse, as well as a tea sapling in a pot for gifts. I expect the tea sapling could also be planted in the house if you wanted to do that.

charmander

Farmhand
Ancient fruit is great because it will keep on going forever and of course it's very profitable. I also plant some coffee, strawberries, and hops, although I may replace some or all of them later on. Hops are great not only for pale ale, which is an early very profitable artisan good, but gold hops are an excellent and plentiful energy source. I usually keep some space open for starfruit and/or pumpkins at least for a while, as well as growing things like beets or rhubarb or anything else needed. While you're working on propagating your ancient fruit, you can use the rest of the greenhouse to plant any off-season crop you like to grow. And I normally plant some fruit trees around the paved part of the greenhouse, as well as a tea sapling in a pot for gifts. I expect the tea sapling could also be planted in the house if you wanted to do that.
I’ll have to check but I don’t think I have a lot of ancient fruit seeds. I guess it’s time to finally plant them, I got them in Y1. This is something I should definitely put in the seed maker, right?

I’ll look into the strawberries and hops, I assume these are the profitable crops and that go on forever too?

Thanks in advance, again!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I usually plant starfruit then a transition to ancient fruit them with something like 8 or 18 fruit trees lining the edges. Fruit trees indoors or on ginger island will produce year round, they're the best g per tile use of those areas but usually not worth bothering with as a primary money maker due to their high maintenance.

Last edited:

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I use this pattern:

1716366154100.png

Inside greenhouse, i grow all fruit trees. Two of each 6 starting ones and 3 bananas/mangos in the upper row. I also have 58 tiles with ancient fruit, 50 with pineapples and 8 for grapes, to make raisins that junimos love. I made the pineapples with caroline's special order in mind, but she asked me for taro roots instead, so i might axe them (literally) and plant something else (most possibly more ancient fruit), or leave some empty space, or whatever.

I use my ancient fruit as complimentary income, like making jam and dried fruit, while i grow large batches of starfruit on Ginger Island in rotation, for kegs.

Last edited:

charmander

Farmhand
I use this pattern:

View attachment 23617

Inside greenhouse, i grow all fruit trees. Two of each 6 starting ones and 3 bananas/mangos in the upper row. I also have 58 tiles with ancient trees, 50 with pineapples and 8 for grapes, to make raisins that junimos love. I made the pineapples with caroline's special order in mind, but she asked me for taro roots instead, so i might axe them (literally) and plant something else (most possibly more ancient fruit), or leave some empty space, or whatever.

I use my ancient fruit as complimentary income, like making jam and dried fruit, while i grow large batches of starfruit on Ginger Island in rotation, for kegs.
Thank you!! Well, I already did something wrong lol. I planted the tree in the soil; in the square where the sprinklers are.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Can you still plant fruit trees on the paved border of the greenhouse in 1.6? I thought that was being nerfed, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

Edit: You all probably thought I was crazy. Turns out I am not crazy, just lacking in reading comprehension. "Fixed fruit trees being plantable on stone tiles outside the greenhouse." I misread that as INSIDE the greenhouse. So, never mind! I will get to continue planting lots of fruit trees in the border.

Last edited:
If I get the greenhouse before I have iridium sprinklers, I use the quality sprinklers. If you have plenty of deluxe retaining soil, you can use that and not worry about sprinklers.
I usually put fruit trees around the edges, but sometimes I put as many as I can fit over the entire greenhouse. Once they are full grown and bearing fruit every day, I fill in with sprinklers and crops.
Ancient fruit and star fruit are popular for the greenhouse because they bring in a lot of money. Cranberries, blueberries, and strawberries are also good choices. Cauliflower, melon, and pumpkin will give good profit, too.
If you get low on hay, you can grow wheat in the greenhouse. If you are working on friendships, you can grow loved gifts. Also ingredients for cooking, if there are certain dishes you like for buffs.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have Fruit Trees along the side and back borders as in the map HaleyRocks posted but not at the front as they block the front of the planting area. Plus that leaves space for Seed Makers and Chests if needed.

In the plantable area I put in one of each reharvestable crop (Corn, Strawberries, Tomatoes, etc.) in a line at the front and then fill the rest with Ancient Fruit. After all the Fruit Trees are grown, I put Garden Pots with Pineapple (and Deluxe Retaining Soil) in between them. Check it twice a week and you get all the reharvestables and Tree Fruit you need plus Ancient Fruit and Pineapples every other trip.

Easy peasy.

Antsy

Tiller
I’ll have to check but I don’t think I have a lot of ancient fruit seeds. I guess it’s time to finally plant them, I got them in Y1. This is something I should definitely put in the seed maker, right?

I’ll look into the strawberries and hops, I assume these are the profitable crops and that go on forever too?

Thanks in advance, again!
Hops are a lot of work since they can be harvested every day, but I like them because pale ale is very quick to make and profitable early/middle game. Even more, gold hops are a great food in the mines - 88 energy and you can get a ton of them easily. Later on you might want to replace the hops with ancient fruit or something else profitable. Both hops and strawberries will keep on producing forever in the greenhouse. The ancient seeds you just need to plant, harvest, put in the seed maker, and keep replicating until you have as many as you want. The more plants you get the faster they will multiply, of course. I plant them with deluxe speed-gro so they mature as quickly as possible. After that you get fruit weekly.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I use this pattern:

View attachment 23617

Inside greenhouse, i grow all fruit trees. Two of each 6 starting ones and 3 bananas/mangos in the upper row. I also have 58 tiles with ancient fruit, 50 with pineapples and 8 for grapes, to make raisins that junimos love. I made the pineapples with caroline's special order in mind, but she asked me for taro roots instead, so i might axe them (literally) and plant something else (most possibly more ancient fruit), or leave some empty space, or whatever.

My plan is similar (but only one of each fruit tree - I like your idea better). I put only four sprinklers and have a path walking through the middle. No real reason for that. I grow three plots of ancient fruit and one starfruit (love the aged wine from it but hate having to replant).