Going back in time?

ISSsloth

Farmer
Hi again, I accidentally left my game unpaused and lost a few days, I was wondering if there was a way to go back in time more than a day, and how I would do that. I've found the wiki page for duplicating and undoing saves, but I've very tired and don't understand any of it. Hopefully I can make sense of in in the morning, but until then, any advice would be appreciated.

Hill Myna

Farmer
If you're playing on PC or mobile, you can go back to the previous day with some save file magic (as it sounds like you were just reading about), however you cannot go any further than that. And if you play on console, this wouldn't even be an option.

Unless you have a backup, which once again isn't possible on all platforms, unfortunately there's nothing you can do. :(

Hopefully you didn't skip any crucial dates!

It can be done. I’ve done it successfully, but you need to get your save on PC, then edit multiple values in the save. It’s not without issues even then (I avoided checking my mail until I was past the original point, but still got duplicates of some messages. You also can’t undo crop growth or tree growth without a *lot* of work). But I went back 18 days or something successfully, and without introducing any long term glitches or issues.

if it’s something you’re seriously considering doing let me know, I can write up a how to guide for you.

SpacedAtlas

Newcomer
if it’s something you’re seriously considering doing let me know, I can write up a how to guide for you
Hello! Sorry I replied like SUPER late but if you still know how to do it or you have a video or some sort with instructions on how to do it that would be amazing and greatly appreciated! I accidentally left my save up overnight and missed 10 days 😭

It can be done. I’ve done it successfully, but you need to get your save on PC, then edit multiple values in the save. It’s not without issues even then (I avoided checking my mail until I was past the original point, but still got duplicates of some messages. You also can’t undo crop growth or tree growth without a *lot* of work). But I went back 18 days or something successfully, and without introducing any long term glitches or issues.

if it’s something you’re seriously considering doing let me know, I can write up a how to guide for you.
Hello, I would also love to have a guide on how I can do this. Thank :)