Geode Crusher Rework

Leaffen

Farmhand
Another near useless item in the game?
No, I'd argue this item is entirely useless, with everything about it, not just the recipe.

So speaking of the recipe, let's talk about that!
If you just sold the materials, not even including any professions, you could open 54 geodes, already not looking great.
But what if you also sold the coal used to open those 54 geodes?
That alone is 32 more geodes opened, meaning, you'd need to use the Geode Crusher 86 times to get your money back, WITHOUT PROFESSIONS.

Which keep in mind, is 86 hours.

So what could we do to fix this?
Of course the first thing, is to make the Geode Crusher not so expensive to craft.
Two iron bars, 25 stone, and a battery pack.
That recipe seems to make sense, 2 iron bars to crack the geode open, 25 stone like a furnace, and a still expensive but far cheaper item that will make more sense in a bit.
This already puts the recipe to around 27 uses to get your money's worth... still without professions but it's not as skewed.

Now what about the coal used?
Given just selling the coal will be 10g off of paying Clint, just don't use coal for the machine, that's what the battery pack is implying. Using coal for this machine is just a bad idea in terms of usefullness and being cost effective.

What else could possibly be wrong with this machine?
Well, the fact it takes an hour to process a geode.
It could only take around 10 minutes, so you could have a big loop of Geode Crushers and just keep running around it and throwing in Geodes to save money.

Oh yeah, one more thing, allow it to bust open artifact troves and golden coconuts, no reason it shouldn't be able to, this alone just made it that much worse in my eyes.

dundalol

Sodbuster
Oh yeah, one more thing, allow it to bust open artifact troves and golden coconuts, no reason it shouldn't be able to, this alone just made it that much worse in my eyes.
The geode crusher is so useless that concernedape literally forgot it exists and update it

Now what about the coal used?
Given just selling the coal will be 10g off of paying Clint, just don't use coal for the machine, that's what the battery pack is implying. Using coal for this machine is just a bad idea in terms of usefullness and being cost effective.

What else could possibly be wrong with this machine?
Well, the fact it takes an hour to process a geode.
It could only take around 10 minutes, so you could have a big loop of Geode Crushers and just keep running around it and throwing in Geodes to save money.
These are my pain-points too:
- please without coal
- opening should be much faster, similar to Clint who does it even by hand faster than the Crusher; btw: I think asking Clint for help should give a slightly luck buff cuz he is a professional

Opening Artifact Troves and Golden Coconuts would be nice. This could also be an upgrade for the Geode Crusher.

Ellajoy

Rancher
opening should be much faster, similar to Clint who does it even by hand faster than the Crusher; btw: I think asking Clint for help should give a slightly luck buff cuz he is a professional
Not really, he may be a professional but, that doesn't change what's inside.

imnvs

Local Legend
It takes time and coal to use the Crusher. It takes money (which eventually is a nigh limitless resource) to get Clint to do it.

Sadly, the supplemental suggestion of a "luck buff" if you have Clint do it... well, luck has nothing to do with what you get from a geode/trove/coconut. I'm not opposed to a functionality like this, but with what we know of how the geode system works it would require a complete overhaul of the system because currently what you get from geodes can be predicted precisely if you know how to do it with luck and daily luck both having no effect.

Not really, he may be a professional but, that doesn't change what's inside.
...what we know of how the geode system works it would require a complete overhaul of the system because currently what you get from geodes can be predicted precisely if you know how to do it with luck and daily luck both having no effect.
I know that's specified, what's in it and when. But a luck buff at Clints could be the chance for a doubled item, maybe 5%, or if depending on daily luck then between 1% and 10%.

meroplankton

Greenhorn
I actually already use the heck out of my geode crusher, in combination with the Automation mod and just having lots of spare coal lying around, it's a great "set it and forget it" way to deal with all my geodes.

Really the only thing I would like added is the ability to open Artifact Troves and Golden Coconuts cause having to go to Clint's just to deal with those is a huge time sink.