Solved Game won't load

Heftychonk

Cowpoke
Hey guys!

I'm running into a problem trying to play my game. Whenever I try to open a save, or start a new one, I just get an infinite loading screen and it just won't open my game.
I have had issues before, and deleting and reinstalling my mods seemed to do the trick, but I have tried that and it doesn't work.
I also tried to figure the issues out myself by looking at mods that are known to cause issues, but it doesn't make me any wiser.
I play with a lot of mods, and I'm not necessarily computer smart, so I'm pretty lost with this issue.
Opening SMAPI I get this error:

An error occurred in the overridden update loop: OutOfMemoryException

This is my smapi log:

Does anyone what's wrong, and how I fix this issue?
I'll be forever grateful, i just want to play my silly little game ahaha

morphinpink

Sodbuster
Explaining this in very basic terms I hope it makes sense. This error happens because the game was originally released in 32 bit and could only access to 3gb of your computer's RAM, playing with a lot of mods eats up the available memory for the game to run, which is why CA released a 64 bit version. The 64bit version should fix this issue but it's currently on beta and it's no advisable to upgrade until smapi and all mods are 100% updated (they're also on beta right now). You have two options, remove as many mods as you can or upgrade and wait for mods to be fully updated. There's more information about here, and if I got something wrong and anyone wants to correct me please do.

Last edited:

Heftychonk

Cowpoke
Explaining this in very basic terms I hope it makes sense. This error happens because the game was originally released in 32 bit and could only access to 3gb of your computer's RAM, playing with a lot of mods eats up the available memory for the game to run, which is why the CA released a 64 bit version. The 64bit version should fix this issue but it's currently on beta and it's no advisable to upgrade until smapi and all mods are 100% updated (they're also on beta right now). You have two options, remove as many mods as you can or upgrade and wait for mods to be fully updated. There's more information about here, and if I got something wrong and anyone wants to correct me please do.
That makes a lot of sense! I think I will wait until they get it all updated. Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I was feeling completely helpless hahaha

Update: I deleted the Downtown Zuzu mod and now it's working fine again.

Last edited: