Game theories! (may have spoilers)

Hmm...
Well, you know how the wizard comes around and peeks into your window at night? (not really but you know what i mean, lol) Well maybe when you're not looking he casts some kinda aging magic on the kiddos until they reach a certain age.
Good point. You might be right!

LRangerR

Local Legend
The more I think about it, the more I think that Stardew is set in some kind of far future, potentially dystopian or utopian. I mean seriously, a bar of gold (250g) is worth less than a pizza (300g). Inflation and depreciation of precious metals must have really gotten out of control at some point in time.

FairyRing

Farmer
I believe Linus:linus: is more magical than he lets on, but you see that he has some sort of connection to Rasmodious:wizard:. Have you found them together at the Spirit's eve fest? Also the ice fishing competition he builds an igloo to block the wizards tower.

on the lines of the time bubble..
how did Kent come back the second year?

Maybe Qi has created time bubbles around the places where time seems different? Maybe we are an experiment created by Qi? So he has made certain areas safe from time and when you enter you change to fit the time (Kent), our children age because they are a hybrid of us (the farmer). We being magical creatures that have a little more knowledge than other characters make a different sort of hybrid character?

Maybe Qi is watching, has Rasmodious and Linus in his employ to keep an eye on things in the valley. Make sure the magic is maintained. Welwick the fortune teller watches things on the outside and report back to Rasmodious. He does mention he knows her at the Stardew Valley fair.
I am going to be thinking about these thing all day....:laugh:

How does Zuzu City factor in? We know that the townspeople can visit Zuzu City.

Last edited:

hexnessie

Farmer
What if Marnie is a were-owl?

What if Marnie turns into an owl at night and goes prowling through farms to see who hasn't put their animals safely in the coop/barn, and kidnapping the ones left outside?

Marnie always has unlimited supply of animals.

Marnie impudently leaves her animals outside all night, knowing very well that no "owl" will come for them... because she is the owl!

(Marnie also has some magpie tendencies, stealing Lewis' shiny purple silky smalls!)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
View attachment 8552
So it is said that the ol' mariners is a ghost That only appears on rainy and stormy days, Is it possible that the ol' mariners is willy's dad? I mean Willy kept mentioning that his pappy is dead....
Irrelevent, but how long have yo played on that save file on mobile to net you 82 million?
I can easily get that on pc but mobile I found takes so much longer to rack up money due to the inneficiencies of harvesting/placing, do you play with mods?
Just wondering becuase my year three farm on ios only got 9 million total though it was on hilltop and I wasn't the best player.
Good luck.

MRight

Planter
I think the stuttering merchant at the night market is Linus and he stutters because he doesn’t want people to know his true wealth.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I believe Linus:linus: is more magical than he lets on, but you see that he has some sort of connection to Rasmodious:wizard:. Have you found them together at the Spirit's eve fest? Also the ice fishing competition he builds an igloo to block the wizards tower.

on the lines of the time bubble..
how did Kent come back the second year?

Maybe Qi has created time bubbles around the places where time seems different? Maybe we are an experiment created by Qi? So he has made certain areas safe from time and when you enter you change to fit the time (Kent), our children age because they are a hybrid of us (the farmer). We being magical creatures that have a little more knowledge than other characters make a different sort of hybrid character?

Maybe Qi is watching, has Rasmodious and Linus in his employ to keep an eye on things in the valley. Make sure the magic is maintained. Welwick the fortune teller watches things on the outside and report back to Rasmodious. He does mention he knows her at the Stardew Valley fair.
I am going to be thinking about these thing all day....:laugh:

How does Zuzu City factor in? We know that the townspeople can visit Zuzu City.
There are a lot of theories about Linus and the wizard, many use include the fast that there is a grave titled "mona" which matches with the initials of some of the monster books in the library.
The thories say that those three were a group that adventured far away lands and braved monster infected caves and dungeons for years before dramatically ending with the death of mona, probably from a monter of sorts.

adamtalakom

Sodbuster
So it is said that the ol' mariners is a ghost That only appears on rainy and stormy days, Is it possible that the ol' mariners is willy's dad? I mean Willy kept mentioning that his pappy is dead....
Maybe the ol' mariner is some sort of shapeshifting sea creature. Maybe he's a merman hehe. I mean, he sells mermaid pendants, and can only come out in rain, maybe because of his gills? Also, he has an uncanny talent for sensing when you're ready to buy a pendant, that could have something to do with it. Would this defy our idea for a time bubble though?

LRangerR

Local Legend
Maybe the ol' mariner is some sort of shapeshifting sea creature. Maybe he's a merman hehe. I mean, he sells mermaid pendants, and can only come out in rain, maybe because of his gills? Also, he has an uncanny talent for sensing when you're ready to buy a pendant, that could have something to do with it. Would this defy our idea for a time bubble though?
How would it defy a time bubble?

Ellajoy

Rancher
I have a lot of ideas!

The whole place is a ghost world. You died at your desk at JojoCo. That's why no one ages, says the same things, walks the same paths. It wasn't jas' parents who died, Shane didn't almost roll off the cliff, pam didn't lose her job, kent didn't come home from the war. This is their afterlife, along with the monsters and spirits and magical machines.

Or it's an ancient terraform project. Thousands of years ago they started a space colony but they didn't understand how the short years and radioactive iridium would affect them. That's why there are no carrots.

The bone flute is Abigail's, she's thousands of years old. All the doll artifacts belonged to Jas and all the dove children.
Yes!