Game theories! (may have spoilers)

Xristos

Tiller
You can share many self-made theories (pls not existing ones!) regarding the game here. The theory I made during my first save is that Gus had a wife but he got devorced. That's why you can't marry him. Allso I thought he was Penny's father for the same reason and Pam was his wife. I don't know why but to this day I believe this is true. (Pls have in mind that I haven't finished the game completely yet so sorry if I am COMPLETELY wrong!)

I have a lot of ideas!

The whole place is a ghost world. You died at your desk at JojoCo. That's why no one ages, says the same things, walks the same paths. It wasn't jas' parents who died, Shane didn't almost roll off the cliff, pam didn't lose her job, kent didn't come home from the war. This is their afterlife, along with the monsters and spirits and magical machines.

Or it's an ancient terraform project. Thousands of years ago they started a space colony but they didn't understand how the short years and radioactive iridium would affect them. That's why there are no carrots.

The bone flute is Abigail's, she's thousands of years old. All the doll artifacts belonged to Jas and all the dove children.

Xristos

Tiller
I have a lot of ideas!

The whole place is a ghost world. You died at your desk at JojoCo. That's why no one ages, says the same things, walks the same paths. It wasn't jas' parents who died, Shane didn't almost roll off the cliff, pam didn't lose her job, kent didn't come home from the war. This is their afterlife, along with the monsters and spirits and magical machines.

Or it's an ancient terraform project. Thousands of years ago they started a space colony but they didn't understand how the short years and radioactive iridium would affect them. That's why there are no carrots.

The bone flute is Abigail's, she's thousands of years old. All the doll artifacts belonged to Jas and all the dove children.
WOW. You should write a novel!

I actually belive that every place that isn't Pelican town is controlled by the empire and joja. I still think they are alive. The magic relay of the people who belive it (luckily there are many people who do so). I'm sure there is a huge time bubble on the valley (a time a bubble is a type of magic that everything is in it won't age). Literally everyone outside of Pelican town is brainwashed. The monsters exist because of joja. They accidentally made them in an experiment.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I actually belive that every place that isn't Pelican town is controlled by the empire and joja. I still think they are alive. The magic relay of the people who belive it (luckily there are many people who do so). I'm sure there is a huge time bubble on the valley (a time a bubble is a type of magic that everything is in it won't age). Literally everyone outside of Pelican town is brainwashed. The monsters exist because of joja. They accidentally made them in an experiment.
Does this tie in to the "magical field" that the wizard's tower is supposedly built upon?

What do you think the relation is between Joja, the Shadow People and the Dwarves?

Woven in Fur

Farmhand
You know the Dwarven Ruins in the new dungeon area in the 1.5 update? And how there is a dwarf in the mines here and one there? What if they are the rulers of the Dwarven Land and had a civil war once, thus leading to one in the Mines and one in the dungeon? However, the war was so damaging that the Dwarf living on the island could no longer control his kingdom and decided to live his life in the one spot not affected by war (He was the more patriotic of the two and could not leave his homeland).

Does this tie in to the "magical field" that the wizard's tower is supposedly built upon?

What do you think the relation is between Joja, the Shadow People and the Dwarves?
I think the dwarves and the shadow people don't know joja. The time bubble is something that happened because if the magic field.

I like to imagine that the Wizard, and his ex wife, are aware of what's going on in the outside world and like others have said erected a magical "bubble" to protect the valley. Of course, the magic would have to expand to things like the winter bazaar and when the bus drives to the desert (unless these things are still located somewhere in the valley).

LRangerR

Local Legend
I think the dwarves and the shadow people don't know joja. The time bubble is something that happened because if the magic field.
I like to imagine that the Wizard, and his ex wife, are aware of what's going on in the outside world and like others have said erected a magical "bubble" to protect the valley. Of course, the magic would have to expand to things like the winter bazaar and when the bus drives to the desert (unless these things are still located somewhere in the valley).
Can you guys explain the Night Market then? :P

Also, the desert doesn't seem like it's too far away. Maybe 20-50 miles tops, which is totally plausible irl. It's safe to assume that it's probably included within the magic field, or that it's a separate magic field that overlaps with the SDV one. Potentially the desert triangle thing having something to do with that.

I'm assuming that's what Darkil meant by night bazaar.
This is exactly what I meant, thank you!

I think they actually from inside the bubble. Maybe deep underground. There is a chance that the traveling merchant ages because of her travels.
I don't pretend to know how large the area actually is, but assuming the entire Valley is much larger than what I think a valley is, then this is most likely the likely scenario assuming my theory is plausible. Either way, it's fun to think about.

This is exactly what I meant, thank you!

I don't pretend to know how large the area actually is, but assuming the entire Valley is much larger than what I think a valley is, then this is most likely the likely scenario assuming my theory is plausible. Either way, it's fun to think about.
I think the bubble is just above Pelican town.

It'd have to at least include the Sandy Oasis.

Is it possible that the traveling merchant is a companion/associate of the wizard's, and can pass into and out of the bubble at will? And by doing so she brings "bubble tourists" with her to the night market?
I think she is from out of the bubble and she doesn't know the wizard. Maybe she just found the other tourists in other place

LRangerR

Local Legend
I think she is from out of the bubble and she doesn't know the wizard. Maybe she just found the other tourists in other place
I think the desert trader might be a spy or agent sent to try to figure out what the hell is going on in Pelican Town, or maybe the opposite and he's a guard posted there to keep watch whenever they visit the Skull Caverns. For whatever reason he's not allowed in Pelican Town, and so he uses the Night Market as a loophole to get closer to Pelican Town, for reasons.