Game state on Xbox ...

Whisper065751

Newcomer
Hey ive got a question will there be a Update to 1.5.6 on Xbox cause we still are on 1.5.4.1 an that was updated Feb. 2021 so we are almost a year behind the PC Version .. so i think It s about time. Secondly there is and will be no way to use mods on Xbox or PS4/5 so what can we await as a real compensation compared to the PC Version where modding is a Feature we will not have or get. Happy Farming ... ;-) ... Robert

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello Robert! Welcome to the Forums!

I'm also curious as to if/when 1.5.6 is coming to consoles; AFAIK there hasn't been any news on that. But I'd assume that the devs' number one focus is on releasing 1.5 to mobile.

I do think it's a bit of an overstatement to say "a whole year behind PC", though, because not much as changed. Here's the changelogs of 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.

As for whether or not consoles will get content that PC won't, I do not believe that is something that will happen. The game is developed on PC, and then the code is ported to consoles, so by default PC gets all updates first.

If you're looking for suggestions of what to do while waiting for the next update, ask around here on the Forums! Or if you're losing interest in Stardew, then there are alway other games to play.

Hope this helps!