Game not keeping track correctly?

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I have gained 2 (two) Stardrops already. My first was from the mine chest and the other, from the Fall Grange Display event. The game when i press escape and go to the tab showing various stats, says under stardrops: 1 (one).

My game is not modded. Will something get botched? When i go to Mr.Q (am a long time away), those are mandatory for true perfection; i am afraid it might not be counted properly as it should...

Although the energy bar grew large enough and the sum displayed (of energy), is the correct one.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Are you sure you bought the fair stardrop? What is your max energy?
I bought the Fair Stardrop, i ate it, it disappeared from the vendor's list; one does not simply forget fishing excessively at the fair, in order to get the drop, the hat and the rarecrow. Also, the day before yesterday, i also ate the level 100 mines one. I clearly remember doing so and each time i revisit the mines, the chest is gone anyway. My current energy is 338 and this is correct (270 initial and +34 for each stardrop).

I do not use mods and i hate manually tampering with files. Where can i request a fix?

Ereo

Helper
I bought the Fair Stardrop, i ate it, it disappeared from the vendor's list; one does not simply forget fishing excessively at the fair, in order to get the drop, the hat and the rarecrow. Also, the day before yesterday, i also ate the level 100 mines one. I clearly remember doing so and each time i revisit the mines, the chest is gone anyway. My current energy is 338 and this is correct (270 initial and +34 for each stardrop).

I do not use mods and i hate manually tampering with files. Where can i request a fix?
There’s a bug collection thread for 1.6 pinned to the bugs forum, please add your report there.

Out of interest, when you upload your file to the Stardew Checkup, what does it say about star drops?

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
There’s a bug collection thread for 1.6 pinned to the bugs forum, please add your report there.

Out of interest, when you upload your file to the Stardew Checkup, what does it say about star drops?
I wanted to avoid using third party programs, because in most games i usually am a "purist", but i have to check this up. Okay, here goes nothing:

Apostle has received 1 of 7 stardrops. (PT: No)
  • Mystery Of The Stardrops (find every stardrop) -- need 6 more
Stardrops left:
  1. Found in the chest on mine level 100.
  2. Given by NPC spouse at 13.5 hearts (3375 points).
  3. Mailed by Willy after Master Angler achievement.
  4. Purchased from Krobus in the Sewers for 20,000g.
  5. Received from Old Master Cannoli in the Secret Woods.
  6. Reward for completing the Museum collection.

The game is clearly malfunctioning. Not only i remember getting the mines chest one, but my energy is amplified by two times 34, which means i have eaten 2 stardrops indeed!

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Hmm that is a bit odd, honestly the game has counted the stardrop for all intents and purposes besides a single visual. I’d wait until it matters at all and see if it counts for the perfection tracker. If then it doesn’t I have some code fixes that we can test

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Hmm that is a bit odd, honestly the game has counted the stardrop for all intents and purposes besides a single visual. I’d wait until it matters at all and see if it counts for the perfection tracker. If then it doesn’t I have some code fixes that we can test
Since this problem is old, ergo little hope for official fix... And since the checkup shows it won't count where it should (my post above)... I think i must kindly request your piece of information. Thanks in advance!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Since this problem is old, ergo little hope for official fix... And since the checkup shows it won't count where it should (my post above)... I think i must kindly request your piece of information. Thanks in advance!
Yeah, doesn’t seem like a massive issue on the surface but if it’s not counting for perfection then I’ll intervene. Just message me or ping me when you get to that point.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
I made up my mind. Am uninstalling the game and waiting for more fixes. When i restart it, i will pay great attention to details, such as tracking of important events, things missing, things breaking etc.

Other than the Stardrop issue, i also noticed that my Holy's Blade secondary enchantment (with pale yellow star), the +2 to speed, suddenly became +1.

I hypothesize that something maybe went wrong, because as i was playing this new save of mine, i updated the game (1.6 -> 1.6.1 -> 1.6.2 -> 1.6.3) on the go. Maybe through consecutive versions changing, tiny bits and parts in my file broke/bugged. I don't like working hard to earn in-game things, only for them to bug out. Even worse, other players report far worse issues, such as the recipe for crafting ancient seeds not appearing (ergo, no "craft all items" achievement), post donating the seed to Gunther.

Either way, without knowing why, i bought the game in 2020 and played it few months ago, for the first time. Now, i know why or rather, why i should perform another "timeskip".