Windows Game is suddenly not recognizing mouse clicks

I posted in a Stardew page on FB about this but i want to reach out here as well because i'm so stumped an bummed about this, okay so i play on switch as well as steam via my laptop, my laptop is where i have the most progress and last night when i went to play, the game suddenly isn't recognizing my mouse when i click things. It works until i move the character, then i can no longer interact unless i hit C and even then it's just picking things up. I can't click anything! I uninstalled and reinstalled, i tried the option of turning off auto gamepad, and everything i see about this says it can be a game breaking bug
😭
. I saw somewhere there was a fix for mac's, but i'm on an HP. No mods. My mouse works just fine everywhere else...i just wanted to try here in case anyone has any suggestions. I have the latest version. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
 
Top