Switch [GAME CRASH] Switch version 1.5 Skull Cavern Bugs

itsmeemmap

Greenhorn
After taking the Mr. Qi quest to clear out the more advanced monsters in Skull Cavern I enchanted my Galaxy Sword with the Bug Killer perk. And now whenever my character bumps into a bug (both when my weapon is equipped and when nothing is equipped) my game auto crashes. No error #, it just says something like: due to an error this software has closed. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING. Anyone else dealing with this 'bug' lol, but really I get so far down the mines and then poof have to start the day all over again :(

This is on the switch so there are TONS of bugs already reported, hopefully a fix for this gets included in the upcoming patch.

itsmeemmap

Greenhorn
That's really weird. Does the game still crash if you don't have the sword in your inventory at all?
I haven't tried yet bc I'm too scared to go in without it lol. I hope if I upgrade to the infinity sword that will solve the issue, but I still have a ways to go getting there. It's more convenient to just avoid the bugs out of fear than find a new weapon ahhhhhh

I haven't tried yet bc I'm too scared to go in without it lol. I hope if I upgrade to the infinity sword that will solve the issue, but I still have a ways to go getting there. It's more convenient to just avoid the bugs out of fear than find a new weapon ahhhhhh
Can't you just run over there without the sword, ram in to the first bug you see, and then close the game to reset the day? That seems like it would be the easiest way to check if it is actually a bug with the sword or if it's something else.