Galaxy Soul Question (1.5 spoilers)

MidgetHedgehog

Greenhorn
i obtained a galaxy soul from a mushroom in the harder mine when you change it to the harder version i was just wondering what the drop rate was as i can't seem to find a drop rate for it and other places say i should only get it during a quest but i wasn't in a quest at the time.

imnvs

Local Legend
I've only found 1 as a drop, and I have played a year and a half of game time since updating to 1.5.

Elenna101

Farmer
I've done the Danger in the Deep quest three times now and I've only found one galaxy soul. So, not sure what the drop rate is, but it's pretty low and you're probably better off not counting on it.

Daedros

Greenhorn
I have a mod that freezes time at midnight, so i can spend as much time as i want in the Mines/Skull Cavern. I entered the Mines while they were Dangerous, and spent the next 2-3 hours (RL) clearing every floor of enemies while under Monster Musk. By the time i reached Floor 120, i had 2 Galaxy Souls. This was with a Bandit's Ring equipped for double drop chance. The second time i did a Dangerous Mines, i did the same, and received two more Galaxy Souls. Was able to upgrade my Galaxy Sword to Infinity Blade without spending any Qi Gems on Galaxy Souls.
The drop chance is really low, considering how many monsters i slaughtered with a Bandit's Ring on. The mobs can also drop Qi Gems as well, at a somewhat better rate.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I've seen two, one during the more dangerous mines (which I did twice) and one in a big purple slime in skull cavern.

Cptldsilver

Planter
I got several from big slimes, the ones with stuff inside them. I think I got 6 with the burglars ring. However I was using monster musk and in the skull cavern and I was spamming staircases. Probably went through like 400-500 floors to get that.

DesertBoots

Sodbuster
I must have had a really good luck day, as I found 2 in my most recent foray into skull cavern. I upgraded my galaxy sword to infinity sword galaxy souls I bought from Qi. Also interesting is this little doozy... Have giant slimes always been somewhat transparent? Is this a bandit ring function?
Here's a Giant slime with a Qi gem inside it. The only active quest is a town challenge for blueberries.
stardew purple giant slime with qi fruit inside.JPG

Salty1

Planter
I must have had a really good luck day, as I found 2 in my most recent foray into skull cavern. I upgraded my galaxy sword to infinity sword galaxy souls I bought from Qi. Also interesting is this little doozy... Have giant slimes always been somewhat transparent? Is this a bandit ring function?
Here's a Giant slime with a Qi gem inside it. The only active quest is a town challenge for blueberries.
View attachment 5256
The only times I have ever found galaxy souls as drops has been in the "harder skull cavern" which is only open during the qi quest where you are challenged to get through it to floor 100. They have -always- been inside those large purple slimes, same as shown in the picture, and they always drop two at a time (though like in your observation, I always have the burglar ring on). In addition to the qi gems, they also sometimes have food items inside, like pink cake. I've only seen them carrying items like this in the harder version of the cavern, and only since 1.5

Edit: You also don't need to go very deep, you just need to get lucky. On my best trip I walked out with -four- galaxy souls and only made it to like level 62 or so. For this reason, I never bring staircases to this qi quest anymore and don't even care if I finish it - it's more fun to mess around with it and find out how much ridiculous loot I can dig up by coming back every day it is active.

imnvs

Local Legend
I've seen them carrying around a thing in both hard mines and hard skull cavern. I've seen galaxy souls, qi gems and pink cake, and yes, this has all been since 1.5.

Stardrop LoFi

Greenhorn
I would like to know the drop rate as well. I figure it’s gotta be low but I got two galaxy souls in one day from monster drops. I did also have multiple luck buffs though. And it was a little extra luck day to begin with. I didn’t even know you could get galaxy souls from drops.