Fun Suggestion: Let the destiny chooses your spouse

Who posted the most on the board in your playthrough? ((Who is chasing you?))

• Leah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane

• Elliot

• Emily

• Haley

• Penny

• Abigail

• Sam

• Alex

• None

• Total voters
Here's a fun challenge.
If you are someone like me who is having a hard time choosing your future spouse, here's a solution.
You do not need to control your destiny. Let destiny chooses your future spouse.
Let your future lover chases you instead.
Let the "Help Wanted Board" guides you.

What do I mean by that?
For example, if you help Haley or Sebastian with something, you are increasing 1 heart.
Also, you do not purposely have to trigger the heart's events. You let the event happen itself without looking at the wiki or cheat guides.

4 fundamental rules to follow:

- Do not show your interest to them.
- You should not give them gifts except the Winter Star event but focus on completing quests. ((Being ambitious and hustle for money only.))
- You should not speak with the bachelors or bachelorettes.
- You should only speak with them after you completed their quest.

Let the bachelor or bachelorette chases you.
Please understand this. You are the only local farmer in the Stardew Valley community.
These bachelors or bachelorettes are hiring YOU for their needs, or maybe they want to see your pretty face... Yoba knows, these bachelors have a secret crush on you?
E.g., I was shocked that Sebastian asks you to bring wheat or joja cola...Sam wants a cave carrot from a cute girl. Haley wants a cucumber from a handsome man...
You know what I am trying to say.

When do you need to date?
After you reach out to
hearts events, you will send this candidate a bouquet.

When to marry?
Now, you can gift them their favorite items or foods after finding secret notes, or maybe other NPC will tell you other NPC's favorite gift.
Then, feel free to marry your future spouse.

Pro: You do not need to force someone to like you. You let the person chases you and shows interest in you instead.
Con: This challenge takes a lot of patience.

UPDATE: (SEP 8, 2021)​
I do not like the guy who is chasing me...
If you did not like the first candidate, you may choose the second candidate.
Do not force yourself to marry or date the first candidate.

⇒ Can I cheat?
Yes, you may break the 4 fundamental rules a little by giving them their favorite gifts, but it is more fun to be chased.

⇒ Can I talk to Haley? She is so funny.
⇒ Can I talk to Harvey? Cause you never know, he can give you excellent health advice in his dialogue.

Yes, you can speak one of the bachelor or bachelorettes once in a while because sometimes they give you great tips or hints.
Do not cling to them or speak with them every day while both of you are single. You will see a negative dialogue. Trust me.

-------------------WARNING-------------------------------------
If you want the destiny to chose your spouse, I do not recommend reading the post.
If you want to know more about the quest's billboards mechanism, I recommend reading it.
Shout out to @BlaDe for demystifying the quest's billboards.

Last edited:
I've done this before. I gave bouquets as I got to eight hearts. I thought it would have been Sebastian(how many things you gonna huck at the mountain,) but he had a dry spell on the board where Haley passed him over. Seems Elliot, Leah, and Shane have ignored the board nearly all together.

I've done this before. I gave bouquets as I got to eight hearts. I thought it would have been Sebastian(how many things you gonna huck at the mountain,) but he had a dry spell on the board where Haley passed him over. It seems Elliot, Leah, and Shane have ignored the board nearly all together.
Guess what. Harvey and Alex never posted a quest on the board... I was feeling a bit sad. I got Shane, Haley, Leah, Sam, and Sebastian constantly.
Every farmer gets different quests. –which I find very interesting. Everyone has their own destiny.

Last edited:

hexnessie

Farmer
I am trying this rn. It's Harvey - Harvey all the way, Harvey every day. I already did 5 quests for Harvey in my 1st year. Last night Harvey wanted a herring to rub on his aching back.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION, Harvey... :cry:

(I also accidentally gave the man my best quality artisanal cheese on his birthday, and he did not like it. I don't know if we'll ever get back on speaking terms).

Polaris

Sodbuster
This sounds fun, I'll try it on my next new save. I've been doing something kind of similar; very focused on building up some cash by fishing, questing and am close to completing the CC (3 bundles left) at Winter 6 Year 1. But I neglected my social skills and got something of a talking to from Lewis about being well rounded. LOL

Next time I'll try it deliberately!

Salty1

Planter
As a continuation, whenever they introduce new furniture to the house, you need to keep it - moving it is fine, but if you don't like the way it looks with your current set up, then the set up should get rebuild around matching to that piece.

I am trying this rn. It's Harvey - Harvey all the way, Harvey every day. I already did 5 quests for Harvey in my 1st year. Last night Harvey wanted a herring to rub on his aching back.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION, Harvey... :cry:

(I accidentally gave the man my best quality artisanal cheese on his birthday, and he did not like it. I don't know if we'll ever get back on speaking terms).
Really??? You got Harvey!!!! That's very interesting...
Let us know what your progress is. I don't understand why Harvey never posts something on the board in my plays.....I keep getting Sebastian and Shane.

As a continuation, whenever they introduce new furniture to the house, you need to keep it - moving it is fine, but if you don't like the way it looks with your current set up, then the set up should get rebuild around matching to that piece.
I agree. Sometimes, you should celebrate your differences.
YUP.

Elenna101

Farmer
Really??? You got Harvey!!!! That's very interesting...
Let us know what your progress is. I don't understand why Harvey never posts something on the board in my plays.....I keep getting Sebastian and Shane.
I think it's related to the order in which you meet people - @BlaDe has exact details but basically the people you met last are more likely to post on the board.

Last edited:
@Elenna101
Hi Elenna.
I would say you are 100 % right about what you said.
The last person I met would most likely post on the board. – it was Elliot who posted first on the board.
I have tried to meet people in order. I decided to meet Elliott as the last person. – expecting him to chase me.

Surprisingly, Haley posted more than Elliott (he only posted 2, and she posted 5 times in my first year)
Haley was not the last person I met. – Related to the order, I met her in the middle...
The rest posted on the most random day.

Last edited:
I touched on how the billboard quests are decided in this post.
That was a pretty interesting data science insight.
My question is who did you end up with? Haley or Elliot?
I read it. You did a great job explaining about meeting a person who is posting on the board with stat.
You fully answered my question about it.
Haley posted too much recently in my playthrough.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

BlaDe

Farmer
Thank you!

Haley is the one I married on Spring 17, as she has the early bday. I just needed to meet Elliot before Haley to manip the quests to be from Haley, and to complete the introduction quest on a day that Elliot doesn't leave his cabin.