Expanding the internal space of the green house?

You will be able to later
It’s called the farm on Ginger Island
The Ginger Island farm is amazing, but until you get the warp obelisk or a stack of totems it's rather annoying to rely on Willy to take you there to tend it. My only real gripe with the greenhouse is the sprinkler layout limitations and one great way to remedy that would be upgrading it to fit iridium sprinklers perfectly!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Considering that you can expand the Farmhouse, Coop, and Barn, a Greenhouse expansion would be great. And while we're at it, a basement for the Slime Hutch would be good to hide your slimes away so to protect their natural color from the Witch's unannounced goth makeover visits. She's really quite the insistent slimedresser.

Iron Bars, Wood, Clay and refined Quartz seem real good resources for Robin to work with and it'd probably have to cost similar to the final Farmhouse upgrade because it's such a game advantage. IMO adding farmable spaces in a Farming game where there are already so many farmable spaces doesn't seem to be unbalancing as those things are always a consideration to a game designer. I don't think the expansion should be to more than 8 (2x4) or 9 (3x3) total spaces covered by Iridium Sprinklers as more than doubling the space is teetering on game-breaking.

Because the final acquisition of the Return Sceptre needs truly to feel like the apotheosis of a long, sore, filthy, tiring, slimy, bleeding, stygian, penniless, crusty grind to the true Final Boss of this game. You can't cheapen that experience by making it too easy or you'll not appreciate the magnitude of what you've done.

Last edited:
What if I could provide some material and money to Robin and let her expand the inner space of the green house after I fix it up, so that I could grow more crops and trees?
I like the idea.

But just to mention it... the next upgrade brings way better mod support. And there are already some mods for more space in greenhouses like Stardew Valley Expanded:
So this hasn't to be part of the main game upgrade itself.

Hani

Tiller
I'm gonna go against popular opinion here and agree that it should fit iridium sprinklers perfectly, but instead of increasing size, decrease it. The greenhouse is way too overpowered once you get perpetual crops and seed makers. Having more limited space in it would still allow for insane profits but it wouldn't make it as nice to do your entire farming in the GH like I have done in multiple past saves. Once the greenhouse is filled with ancient seeds, you start producing far more than the house's basement filled with kegs can deal with. Having it smaller would 1. make it more realistic & visually appealing, 2. balance its effectiveness, and 3. make it fit all types of sprinklers more efficiently (at least not as messy looking). Make it 7*21 farmable tiles with an extra horizontal row of tiles for trees on the top and bottom. It would be also awesome if we can produce special honeys in the greenhouse, and expand honey types to also include tree types. Having extra room around the greenhouse for trees, bee houses and other deployables while having a reduced, horizontal bed for crops would make the greenhouse imho more enjoyable visually (tall spaces that scroll vertically on horizontal screen is bad game design practice), and more balanced.

Last edited: