Dwarf.....can we be friends?

Rebel60

Tiller
OKAY,....so I finally realized there is a stone I can crack just inside the mine entrance. LO and behold there is a little dwarf sitting there. Will I EVER be able to understand what he's saying,....AND/OR figure out his favorite gifts?
Thanks in advance

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, the only reason that the game refers to the dwarf as a "she" in a rare occasion is because the game looks for only genders that are defined as male and other undefined npcs become female so the undefined dwarf is refered to with female pronouns.
^what that user said
Fun fact, Dwarf’s gender is undefined- I use they and them when referring to them.

imnvs

Local Legend
Just how many scrolls are there? I've only come across 1 in my many "lives"
Four, and they are dropped with different chances by different monsters or in different levels of the mines.

Dwarf Scroll I, the easiest to find, can be found by tilling any soil in the mines at any level and from a variety of monsters primarily found in the 1-80 levels of the mines.

Dwarf Scroll II can be found tilling in the 1-40 range of the mines, and from monsters primarily found in the 40-80 range.

Dwarf Scroll III can be found from blue slimes in the 40-80 range, and also from a bunch of monsters found in the 80-120 range.

Dwarf Scroll IV, another contender for easiest to find, can be found from most monsters in the Mines but very few monsters found elsewhere.

Ilune

Planter
you can give gift to the dwarf before give all the 4 scrolls to the museum.
They like gems and dwarf scrolls and cave carots.

imnvs

Local Legend
you can give gift to the dwarf before give all the 4 scrolls to the museum.
They like gems and dwarf scrolls and cave carots.
You can give gifts, but you can not gain friendship until you are introduced which can not happen until you have the translation guide.

Hill Myna

Farmer
You can give gifts, but you can not gain friendship until you are introduced which can not happen until you have the translation guide.
My first farmer made this mistake too many times!

All those Topazes, wasted... :(

Also, the Dwarf (and Clint) love Omni Geodes, which are often significantly less valuable than gems. That's what I gift them nowadays!

And I've never had any problems getting the Dwarf Scrolls, I typically get them all before I even make it to the bottom of the Mines. So many people seem to have difficulties, maybe I'm just super lucky???

nicodeux

Farmer
And I've never had any problems getting the Dwarf Scrolls, I typically get them all before I even make it to the bottom of the Mines. So many people seem to have difficulties, maybe I'm just super lucky???
Same here: when I need to get the Dwarvish Translation Guide, I only have to focus a bit in the Mines to get the missing scroll(s). They are far more easy to find than some artifacts. Recently, I even got 3 different scrolls out of 4 in a single Mines session while diving towards the bottom and not even looking for the scrolls.