Do I start over?

Miretar

Planter
I am exactly half hay through the spring of year 3. (Playing on iOS).

the farm is perfect except for one thing; I have spent the last 3 months of game time waiting for the final 2 items of the community center to spawn:
Large goats milk/brown egg
Truffle

This is ridiculous. Why is there such a strong bias towards keeping farm animals? I have played over 30 games of Stardew, some with animals, most without. I prefer the game without farm animals.

Do I wait or start over?
 

Nonak

Local Legend
Are your animals happy?
Chickens are supposed to lay eggs daily, goats give milk every two days. If that isn't happening, must be a bug. If they're happy and big products aren't appearing, can't help here.
I'd say if you have something to do on that save, keep playing, if the whole thing is just waiting for the products, probably start a new one. Or do the latter, but occasionally play a few days on this one if you really like the farm. In the end its up to you.
 

NestorGB

Planter
I am exactly half hay through the spring of year 3. (Playing on iOS).

the farm is perfect except for one thing; I have spent the last 3 months of game time waiting for the final 2 items of the community center to spawn:
Large goats milk/brown egg
Truffle

This is ridiculous. Why is there such a strong bias towards keeping farm animals? I have played over 30 games of Stardew, some with animals, most without. I prefer the game without farm animals.

Do I wait or start over?
What?! Farm animals are the best. I kinda dislike crops. And strafruit wine is rubbish.
 

Miretar

Planter
I think you’re missing the point. The wonderful thing about this game is that it can be played in multiple ways. I choose to play without farm animals. There are some very unpleasant family memories associated with keeping chickens.
 

Kokopelli

Greenhorn
I am exactly half hay through the spring of year 3. (Playing on iOS).

the farm is perfect except for one thing; I have spent the last 3 months of game time waiting for the final 2 items of the community center to spawn:
Large goats milk/brown egg
Truffle

This is ridiculous. Why is there such a strong bias towards keeping farm animals? I have played over 30 games of Stardew, some with animals, most without. I prefer the game without farm animals.

Do I wait or start over?
Sorry if this is a silly response but do you have a brown chicken? That’s how to get the brown egg.
If you work in skull cavern you can get auto Peter’s in the drops or chests and that can help keep the animals happy without daily interaction. Same thing with buying auto grabber from Marnie

Truffles are from pigs. They dig up truffles every sunny day spring through fall
 

dragonflySky

Rancher
I'm with you on the farm animals I find them to be a bit tedious with petting them until I can get an autopetter and even then I just prefer to do other stuff. You could always cheat with something like Stardew Save Editor for iOS. It's not as though you haven't put in the work already. Depends on how attached you are to the play through and if you think it's worth it. They will appear sooner or later if you have enough patience.
 

Maher

Farmer
I am exactly half hay through the spring of year 3. (Playing on iOS).

the farm is perfect except for one thing; I have spent the last 3 months of game time waiting for the final 2 items of the community center to spawn:
Large goats milk/brown egg
Truffle

This is ridiculous. Why is there such a strong bias towards keeping farm animals? I have played over 30 games of Stardew, some with animals, most without. I prefer the game without farm animals.

Do I wait or start over?
Mousey Pounds' Stardew Valley Predictor will let you know what items will appear in the traveling cart when. That will give you a solid idea of whether it's worth the wait or not.

I had a farmer, Shomer, who did not work or conduct business on Saturdays or keep pigs. He was able to get a strawberry, a truffle, and truffle oil from the traveling cart, but I did use the predictor to make sure that playstyle was feasible.
 

Cuddlebug

Farmer
Alternatively, you can keep a close eye on the Traveler's Merchant wares, she sometimes sells animal products.
That would have been my recommendation, too. Sometimes it takes a bit patience, but for animals products the cart is a good choice. But I don't use a predictor...
 
Top