Deleting the Greenhouse

jalexs

Newcomer
Playing Stardew for the... 5th time? Can't honestly remember any longer. This time through, I've decided to add a fun little restriction: I can't plant anything. Currently in Winter 1 trying to get my 4th slime hutch up and running.

Now, that being said, there's this ruined building on my property that I will never have any interest in repairing. Is there any way I can get rid of it entirely? I'm playing on mobile... which will likely make this even more difficult. I'm aware that Robin can't help me as I can't select the ruined greenhouse for demolition or moving purposes.

The wiki has a section on editing saves (I've attempted this once before trying to move my mobile save to desktop and back... that didn't go well on account of the differing version numbers). Is there some set of tags I can delete so as to make the building vanish? I suspect that when the 1.5 update comes to mobile I'll be able to assign the greenhouse some nonexistent coordinates and have it vanish off screen. Am I out of luck until then?

Phate4569

Planter
I'm pretty sure you can't delete it in any edition without mods.

You don't need to plant in the greenhouse. You can use it as a shed.

EDIT: forgot that even with remixed bundles Pantry 4 always requires planting. You won't be able to unlock at all unles you went joja.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
I wish we could make a big rectangle out of concrete blocks in the greenhouse and fill it with water. Turn it into a screened in pool. 😁
I used to live in an apartment complex that had a few large buildings all arranged around a central space... and in that central space, right in the center, was a pool house. Not the sort of pool house that expensive homes have: a small cottage special-purposed for folks to briefly stay in order to change and hold their things while guesting at the expensive home. I'm talking a building that had a nice big pool in it, a hot tub, 2 bathrooms and 2 large changing rooms with adjoining saunas. While I think that's a bit much for the space in the greenhouse, it would be pretty rad to be able to repurpose the greenhouse into a personal spa on the farm. I could see it even giving the benefits you get from the spa up by the train station, healing/resting while relaxing in it.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I used to live in an apartment complex that had a few large buildings all arranged around a central space... and in that central space, right in the center, was a pool house. Not the sort of pool house that expensive homes have: a small cottage special-purposed for folks to briefly stay in order to change and hold their things while guesting at the expensive home. I'm talking a building that had a nice big pool in it, a hot tub, 2 bathrooms and 2 large changing rooms with adjoining saunas. While I think that's a bit much for the space in the greenhouse, it would be pretty rad to be able to repurpose the greenhouse into a personal spa on the farm. I could see it even giving the benefits you get from the spa up by the train station, healing/resting while relaxing in it.
I wish there was some way to trap water....like you can do in Minecraft. Think of all the things we could do. But the spa you described would be first on my list. 😁

jalexs

Newcomer
I'm pretty sure you can't delete it in any edition without mods.

You don't need to plant in the greenhouse. You can use it as a shed.

EDIT: forgot that even with remixed bundles Pantry 4 always requires planting. You won't be able to unlock at all unles you went joja.
Yeah. I amended my rules slightly. I'm allowing myself to grow what's needed to complete the bundles. Not allowed to sell any of the surplus I grow trying to get there though.

I'm thinking I'll try and turn the greenhouse into another slime hutch. I'm uncertain as to whether slimes can escape from non-hutch buildings like they do outdoors. Provided they don't, I might try and use the greenhouse to breed white slimes for fun.

jalexs

Newcomer
I wish there was some way to trap water....like you can do in Minecraft. Think of all the things we could do. But the spa you described would be first on my list. 😁
In the same vein: I wish we could use the what bodies of water we get on our farms for fish breeding. A deluxe version of the game's fish ponds if you will.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Yeah. I amended my rules slightly. I'm allowing myself to grow what's needed to complete the bundles. Not allowed to sell any of the surplus I grow trying to get there though.

I'm thinking I'll try and turn the greenhouse into another slime hutch. I'm uncertain as to whether slimes can escape from non-hutch buildings like they do outdoors. Provided they don't, I might try and use the greenhouse to breed white slimes for fun.
Unless I'm mistaken, you can buy everything you need from the Traveling Cart Lady eventually. Is Red Cabbage an exception? Maybe someone can fact check me.

Elenna101

Farmer
Unless I'm mistaken, you can buy everything you need from the Traveling Cart Lady eventually. Is Red Cabbage an exception? Maybe someone can fact check me.
You can't buy quality items, and you can't buy ancient fruit or sweet gem berries. Even with remixed bundles you're guaranteed to need at least one of those.

(You can buy both red cabbage and red cabbage seeds, though.)