Crops in Greenhouse

SP2186

Greenhorn
I just unlocked the greenhouse and was wondering which crops I should grow there. I already have an ancient seed growing(I'll be using the seed maker to multiply them). Do you think I should just expand on ancient seeds or also mix some coffee, blueberries, and a few rare seeds?

LRangerR

Local Legend
I just unlocked the greenhouse and was wondering which crops I should grow there. I already have an ancient seed growing(I'll be using the seed maker to multiply them). Do you think I should just expand on ancient seeds or also mix some coffee, blueberries, and a few rare seeds?
Using lots of ancient seeds seems to be a popular strategy amongst older players, but honestly, just plant whatever you need. Sometimes i take out large swathes of my ancient seeds to plant something else, like pumpkins or potatos. The cool thing about ancient seeds is once you have one, you'll pretty much have them forever, unless of course something goes horribly wrong, like accidentally setting off a megabomb in the middle of the greenhouse, lol.

Ancient fruit is the best money maker, with pomegranates around the edges. But I usually have a variety- strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, a corn for harvey's pickles, cactus for Sam & Linus, a pepper for Shane & lewis, peach tree for Robin, orange tree for Gus. Space for Penny's poppies, Jas' fairy roses, Caroline's spangles.

My favorite greenhouse, I put as many fruit trees as I could fit. Once they matured I tucked sprinklers, berries, and ancient fruit all among the trees, and tea plants at the front. It was pretty and had something ripe every day!

Boo1972

Farmer
I grow coffee, cactus fruit, berries, ancient fruit and star fruit in my greenhouse at first. Later when my kegs multiply, I grow ancient fruit, coffee, hops, and star fruit. Well, except for the farmer that married Sam. She grows cactus fruit too.

Akemisora

Planter
My greenhouse consists of ancient fruit, strawberry, sunflower, hops, coffee and 3 of each fruit tree sold in Pierre's. Others now go to island farm.

SP2186

Greenhorn
Using lots of ancient seeds seems to be a popular strategy amongst older players, but honestly, just plant whatever you need. Sometimes i take out large swathes of my ancient seeds to plant something else, like pumpkins or potatos. The cool thing about ancient seeds is once you have one, you'll pretty much have them forever, unless of course something goes horribly wrong, like accidentally setting off a megabomb in the middle of the greenhouse, lol.
Has the Mega bomb incident happened to you before:laugh:

I've gone over a couple of the more common setups for Greenhouses in another thread that you can go browse, but in short: It's hard to go wrong with more ancient fruit, unless you're willing to put up with the daily task of harvesting, in which case Hops edges out ahead.

It hasn't been updated for 1.5 yet, though. I don't know precisely how accessible Bannana Tree Saplings are yet, I've only found one in my playthrough so far, but I haven't unlocked everything on the island yet, so perhaps a vendor selling them will show up at some point.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't know precisely how accessible Bannana Tree Saplings are yet, I've only found one in my playthrough so far, but I haven't unlocked everything on the island yet, so perhaps a vendor selling them will show up at some point.
About banana and mango trees: You can get golden coconuts from a (from your perspective) to be unlocked vendor called the Island Trader, in addition to finding them elsewhere on Ginger Island. Those golden coconuts can be broken up like geodes at Clint's, and in those you can find both banana and mango saplings. You can also purchase both saplings from the aforementioned Island Trader, but you'll need the correct items in trade, much like the Desert Trader, as there is no dealing in cash there. This all combines so that they are not nearly as accessible as the fruit trees you can purchase from Pierre's, but they aren't inaccessible either.