Cooking competition!

Andre

Farmhand
Hello members of the board!

My suggestion: a cooking competition event! Could be once every season. I mean, the pieces are almost all there already. So the specifics:

1) For each event, 3 judges are chosen randomly among the village characters. Each of them have their own tastes, preferences.
2) You get to know, one week in advance, who the judges are going to be, so you can prepare your menu.
3) At the event, you need to prepare one appetizer, one main dish, one dessert and (maybe optionally) one beverage (you'd have to bring the beverage ready, I guess). Depending on the judges, maybe your most expensive wine isn't going to help you maximize your score!
4) Exceptionally for cooking competitions, quality of the ingredients matter for the dish! So that would give us reason to acquire the best ingredients to take to the competition with us (including higher quality flour, sugar, rice etc, instead of just buying them from Pierre).
5) Maybe give the player a chance to compete in an event in the city, even, after being successful enough times, representing Stardew Valley to the world!

What do you guys think? I think it would be quite an incentive for people to finally get those cooking related achievements!

Sounny

Rancher
Hello members of the board!

My suggestion: a cooking competition event! Could be once every season. I mean, the pieces are almost all there already. So the specifics:

1) For each event, 3 judges are chosen randomly among the village characters. Each of them have their own tastes, preferences.
2) You get to know, one week in advance, who the judges are going to be, so you can prepare your menu.
3) At the event, you need to prepare one appetizer, one main dish, one dessert and (maybe optionally) one beverage (you'd have to bring the beverage ready, I guess). Depending on the judges, maybe your most expensive wine isn't going to help you maximize your score!
4) Exceptionally for cooking competitions, quality of the ingredients matter for the dish! So that would give us reason to acquire the best ingredients to take to the competition with us (including higher quality flour, sugar, rice etc, instead of just buying them from Pierre).
5) Maybe give the player a chance to compete in an event in the city, even, after being successful enough times, representing Stardew Valley to the world!

What do you guys think? I think it would be quite an incentive for people to finally get those cooking related achievements!
I love this so much!!!!

Andre

Farmhand
And I like the idea of Lewis always being a judge
Yeah, it could be interesting because then we'd know the taste of at least one judge out of three, always.

Also, thinking more about this, maybe the ultimate competition, outside Stardew Valley (item (5) of my OP), could be at the Queen of Sauce show itself, don't you think? It could be nice to compete at the show that taught us our first recipes in the game! :-)

Potatoes

Farmer
I think this would be cool too, I'm always looking for excuses to make more food in ,the game.
It would be neat to start adding different recipes too, maybe even if it's different things based off of the ingredients that already exist (like boiled and scrambled eggs, buffalo cauliflower, fried rice, different fish dishes, muffins and cookies and so on).
Also maybe adding the ability to make yogurt and butter with the milk too, or different types of oils with the oil maker

Andre

Farmhand
A cooking focused event would be fun! Maybe it doesn't happen until year 2 or 3 so people have time to unlock the kitchen
Yes, I mean, it seems to me that cooking is maybe the most advanced "craft" in the game, because first, as you said, you need a house upgrade in order to do it. Second, in order to make aged wine, you need the most expensive house upgrade. Third, you need to make friends with the villagers in order to have access to the recipes, and that takes time and dedication. And cooking ties farming, foraging and fishing together too. Maybe even adventuring, a little bit (for crabs and white algae, for example). So, in my view, such an advanced and central craft that ties so many things together could be explored with a minigame, in the vein of the described in the OP.