ConcernedApe's riddle

View attachment 41464

So what do you all think this is about???
Before looking at everyone else's theories, these were my first thoughts:
1. The two paths are the Community Center and Joja Co.
ConcernedApe has said before he wishes he made the choice more nuanced, and the choice doesn't even affect the game that much later on, so I think that makes the most sense.
2. There are a lot of different things in SDV that come in threes, but my first thought was a new dark shrine in the witch's hut.
3. Mermaids aren't mentioned much in-game, so that gives us less to speculate on... Something with pearls??? I dunno :cry: After reading other theories, something with kids does make more sense
 

Gridball Pom Queen

Local Legend
Pearls we're my first thought too, but I didn't know how to develop it, so kids seem to make more sense.
Same. Maybe there will be some underwater addition? At first I was thinking that was too mystical but then there are already witches, fairies, and goblins so maybe not, lol.

Also ancient fruit is blue… maybe it’s referring to that? Or maybe Sandy’s back story involves mermaids?

But those theories feel like far stretches lol.
 
maybe the mermaid’s fruit is the golden walnuts? Because you get one from a mermaid?
the only times merpeople appear are at ginger island, at the night market, in the wizard’s dialogue, with mermaid pendants, mermaid boots, and a painting of one, so I’d guess the “fruit” is either children because they’re the fruit of marriage, or something more with ginger island. Maybe the mermaid’s fruit could be a new thing entirely, like a new area (making 3 become 4, with pelican town, ginger island, desert, and a merfolk city or something?).
 

Lothengriol

Sodbuster
Hey, this post and all of your ideas were featured on SharkyGames youtube channel.
Bro called us Reddit 😭 😆 Still cool though!
We are definitely not Reddit. We don't even look like it! I mentioned the forum's name in the comments (since the youtuber didn't seem to want to show either our usernames or the actual site name) in case anyone was interested. Hopefully they check us out!
 

Kokopelli

Greenhorn
My thoughts for 3 becomes 4 riddle:

3 character slots (2 rings and 1 trinket) - perhaps a fourth option?
The Desert Festival and Night Market are extended an additional day
A new character quest? There’s Gunther, Birdie and Professor Snail - perhaps a someone new!
Another statue - there are boxes at the train tracks so maybe something can be dropped in one like the three in town?
 
Last edited:

Kokopelli

Greenhorn
Before looking at everyone else's theories, these were my first thoughts:
1. The two paths are the Community Center and Joja Co.
ConcernedApe has said before he wishes he made the choice more nuanced, and the choice doesn't even affect the game that much later on, so I think that makes the most sense.
2. There are a lot of different things in SDV that come in threes, but my first thought was a new dark shrine in the witch's hut.
3. Mermaids aren't mentioned much in-game, so that gives us less to speculate on... Something with pearls??? I dunno :cry: After reading other theories, something with kids does make more sense
There are 3 shrine locations: witch’s hut, wizard basement and sewer so maybe a fourth location with a new shrine? Any ideas what a new shrine would do?
 
We are definitely not Reddit. We don't even look like it! I mentioned the forum's name in the comments (since the youtuber didn't seem to want to show either our usernames or the actual site name) in case anyone was interested. Hopefully they check us out!
Maybe he wanted to keep us mostly anonymous since he didn't ask if we wanted to be featured in a video? I don't know, but thanks for doing that! It would be cool if we got some new people on the forums as a result :)

There are 3 shrine locations: witch’s hut, wizard basement and sewer so maybe a fourth location with a new shrine? Any ideas what a new shrine would do?
How many shrine locations there are sort of depends on what definition we're using, since there's also grandpa's shrine and a couple of statues around the map that could maybe be considered shrines as well.
A lot of the shrines are used to reverse things to be closer to a "new game" state, so maybe something to reset heart events? Or it could reset something on the farm? It could also be for something entirely new, but I'm not really sure.

Also I was thinking... Are we certain it's three separate riddles and not just one? It's hard to imagine how all three parts could fit together, but it might be possible!
 

Terdin

Farmer
Also I was thinking... Are we certain it's three separate riddles and not just one? It's hard to imagine how all three parts could fit together, but it might be possible!
I think the definite answer if you combine the three lines into one riddle is: 1.7

I was one of those whose names were shown in that video. Before he realized that maybe he should keep us anonymous.
 
I think the definite answer if you combine the three lines into one riddle is: 1.7
The definite answer yes, I suppose that's not incorrect. But could all three parts be part of one bigger feature? Like a story line or something? I dunno, I saw a YouTube comment mentioning something like that and I thought it sounded like an interesting idea worth discussing.

I was one of those whose names were shown in that video. Before he realized that maybe he should keep us anonymous.
Yeah, I still think it's weird how he showed some people and not others. That was just the only reason I could think of as to why.
 
Top