ConcernedApe announced his new game - ConcernedApe’s Haunted Chocolatier

liquidcat

Staff member
Last edited:
As an Xbox gamer if he needs to do a Kickstarter to help get the game ported my wife, daughter and myself would gladly help donate. Looking forward to this especially the wife (I can't tell if her drooling is from the chocolate or lack of sleep)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Floppy animated hair! Now my long locks can blow in the gentle breezes, and trail behind as I glide past the townsfolk on my swift horse.

And get into the chocolate becoming a giant, tangled, matted mess I need to shave off, ending up looking like Sinead O'Connor. Meh could be worse, I'm not stuck in front of a hot sweaty furnace all day.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Wow, looks promising!

Looking forward to spotting all the Stardew references! I really like how he incorporated some art from earlier versions of Stardew. Looks like there are lots of different trees and plants, and a birder's hut (!), so hopefully some new wildlife as well? And honestly, I just want to try that decorating mode!

I can't wait for the next dev logs to see how it evolves!

P.S. – Anybody else wish we had a bow and shield in Stardew?

well I already made a new character to that game! Christina will be my protagonist. She is sheer than her SDV counterpart (Lilan) and less rebellious. She usually does what she is told to. But of course she is gonna be stuck (not in game) with a spirit called Lilan who is her will to make her own decisions. And it will cause a lot of problems.

hexnessie

Farmer
So is it going to be something like Willy Wonka? I*m asking because I'm not an English speaker and never read the books / saw the movies and I don't know if I'm missing something! Someone please correct me if these are actually completely different.

The idea sounds vaguely Burtonesque but as long as there is crafting and chocolate, I'm in!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
So is it going to be something like Willy Wonka? I*m asking because I'm not an English speaker and never read the books / saw the movies and I don't know if I'm missing something! Someone please correct me if these are actually completely different.

The idea sounds vaguely Burtonesque but as long as there is crafting and chocolate, I'm in!
nah, the only thing this has in common with willy wonka is that they're both dealing with making some kind of candy, but that's where the similarities end imo

nicodeux

Farmer
I also thought of Willy Wonka while first watching the video. But upon reading ConcernedApe's post on the game blog, I believed Haunted Chocolatier is not related to Willy Wonka or at least, this is not intentional.