Windows changing terrain from beach to forest

uuzv

Newcomer
like the title says does anyone know if it's possible to switch from beach terrain to forest without erasing all my data in the world?

Lew Zealand

Helper
While it's possible by editing your save and I've done it, it's not without risk though it's pretty easy to make multiple backups of your Farm so nothing is lost.

The biggest thing you need to do is a lot of planning. Remove all your Crops (maybe wait 'til Winter?), then have Robin move all your Farm buildings to safe spots on both farm maps (use Stardew Planner to map this out) and then edit your save.

However after editing my save from Hilltop to Standard Farm, the Hilltop bushes all stayed. So I needed to then design my Farm around them which thankfully wasn't a problem. Luckily there was no overlap of Hilltop bushes and Standard Farm water or that would look permanently weird. And I dunno how much of the Beach's Farm special things will be retained in a swap to Forest.

Maybe when I get home I'll make a new Beach farm save and then just edit it to Forest and see if it's viable.

FYI, here's what the Hilltop --> Standard farm save edit looks like afterwards, you can see the Hilltop bushes here 'n there but as I was going for green and grass they don't stand out too badly:

Last edited: