Caroline’s Solar Panel Quest

FlowerFairy

Greenhorn
So I play on switch and I’m trying to get the solar panel quest done from Caroline. The days of the quest are just forever stuck and it never counts down as it does with normal quests from the town board. Also how is anyone getting 100 Taro Roots?! I never saved all the bone fragments bc i thought they were worthless. Does anyone know if this quest will come back up if I fail to complete it on time? ),:

ArtifactSpot

So I play on switch and I’m trying to get the solar panel quest done from Caroline. The days of the quest are just forever stuck and it never counts down as it does with normal quests from the town board. Also how is anyone getting 100 Taro Roots?! I never saved all the bone fragments bc i thought they were worthless. Does anyone know if this quest will come back up if I fail to complete will it on time? ),:
Yes it will come back but may take a while. Just save them up starting now. Pineapples too as it is another one of her requests. She will want 100 of either one. Pineapples take a long time to grow so if you can have a patch of 50-100 growing on your GI farm they will earn extra cash now and be ready to harvest if the quest shows up then. Taro roots too take a while to grow so save 100 so they can be harvested during the quest all at once then shipped. BUT they MUST be harvested and shipped during the active quest.Same with the bone fragments they must be mined at the dig site or found in the mines by luck during the quest. HTH

ArtifactSpot

Tiger slimes on Ginger Island drop Taro Tubers when you kill them, and these can then be planted to grow into Taro Roots. Equip your Burglar's Ring and kill as many as you can
Yes and occasionally pineapple seeds. Also the orange square creatures that explode will drop pineapple seeds often. Don’t forget the island trader, 2 bone fragments get taro root seeds. 5 dragon teeth get pineapple seeds, but save those rare dragon teeth for your island obelisk first.

Ereo

Helper
I usually plant any taro tubers I find along the left side of the creek. That way, I can just harvest them when the quest comes around. Pineapple grow back every 7 days so if you have two fields (5x5 around the sprinkler) it should be enough for quest. The third option she gives is ginger which cannot be prepared.

about counting down, that quest just gives much more time than others, it’s until end of season, not end of week.

all quests can come back after you fail them, but as there is no favouring of undone ones, it may take some time.