Windows Can't talk to penny everyday

Penny lover

Newcomer
Hi. I want to seduce penny but to do that i need to be able to talk to her. I can talk to here the first day i open the game but once it advances to the next day i can't talk to here unless I close the game and reopen it. This fix to it is very annoying so I'm hoping to fix it permanently. I'm on the latest steam version of Stardew valley and im on pc. Any help would be great!

Edit: forgot to say im on a solo world year 1 summer

Penny lover

Newcomer
What happens when you try to talk to her? Are you on the latest version and do you have any mods installed?
after the first day it says she hasn't been talked to yet on the social menu but when i try to she isn't able to talk to. Its not even showing up the icon to talk to when you hover your mouse over her. you can give her gifts if you haven't given two away that week but that's it. I am on version 1.5.6 hotfix #3. There is one mod i have and it a multiplayer mod. but it shouldn't be effecting it cause it runs through cursedfroge. The mod is called SMAPI. since I am opening the game through the steam desktop icon it shouldn't be effecting it. I also just found out by trial and error that if i go to the main menu it fix's it for a day so i don't have to open and close the game.

Penny lover

Newcomer
What happens when you try to talk to her? Are you on the latest version and do you have any mods installed?
It seems that after i married her and she moved into the house i am now able to talk to her without having to exit my save file and reopen it. idk why that fixed it but it works now lol