cant get further

nicodeux

Farmer
As far as I know, the spawns depend on your mining level.
They do indeed depend on the player mining level, not the level he/she has reached in the Mines.

I might add that going into the Mines is indeed more challenging than planting crops or other elements in the game because this requires more preparation. However, this is like fishing: it is hard at first but once you've got the hang on it, it become easier and grants nice rewards.

Tinks

Planter
They do indeed depend on the player mining level, not the level he/she has reached in the Mines.

I might add that going into the Mines is indeed more challenging than planting crops or other elements in the game because this requires more preparation. However, this is like fishing: it is hard at first but once you've got the hang on it, it become easier and grants nice rewards.

well I had iron ore on Kenny's Farm even though I hadn't reached level 20...and my mining level won't be high!

Anyway managed to make it just past level 20 and got the better sword then realised it was nearly 1am so had to rush home but still got charged even though I was literally right outside my own front door!

After getting the horse in FF then going back to Kenny's game it feels like he's running in slow motion and can't seem to get anywhere fast enough!! :laugh:

Anyway I've got just over 18,000 so I reckon by sunday I will have the greenhouse sorted so I can plant fruit tree's and crops indoor for winter.

btw is there any way to take just one of an item from the storage chests when you have several of something? (switch version)

Tinks

Planter
Yes, you have to actually be inside the house.

Never mind! I made progress faster than expected...Kenny and Penny are broke! ...but they've got the greenhouse up and made enough to buy last few bits of iron ore I needed to finish making 5 bars to upgrade the pickaxe!! :smile:

Hill Myna

Farmer
btw is there any way to take just one of an item from the storage chests when you have several of something? (switch version)
Yes, just use Y instead of A. Also, if you're at a shop and want to be items 5x as fast, hold A and Y at the same time. An end-game essential.

I just want to check are aware that this is a lift in the Mines? (I ask because of this thread). Every five Floors it'll "save" your progress; you can return to any multiple-of-five Floor that you've been to before.

So can I recommend just leaving all your "chores" for later and rush straight to the Mines to make five levels, no more?

You can ignore all the Monsters and just hit rocks, eating whenever your health or energy goes down. The Monsters won't chase you for very long, just run through them. If you've reached Combat Level 1, then I think you should consider crafting a Sturdy Ring, I have a feeling it will help.

Given that you've got plenty of cash, you could even buy some food (notably Salads) from the Stardrop Saloon if you need more energy (and you don't have enough Hops/Cheese/Whatever else from the farm).

Hope this helps!

Tinks

Planter
On Kenny's (4 corners) Farm game I've made it to level 30 in the mines and just unlocked repair of the bridge to the quarry. I'm just about to get the horse to get there and back quicker. Also unlocked the bus and greenhouse in this game. I think there's just minecarts left and something else I can't remember???

Only have a few days of fall left, so trying to get all the grass turned to hay to fill the silo and got some wheat and grass starters growing in the greenhouse for when winter starts, so should have enough to feed the animals once it changes to 1 st of winter and snow everywhere.

Forest Farm is further behind, its still in first week of summer (yr2) and that was the one where I was struggling with finding hay (and iron ore as no mining area on the farm) but now I know you can buy recipe to make it I'll be getting that first when I re-start that one and getting more grass starters down. I probably won't manage to get the greenhouse before winter (as was doing it via Jumino's in this game) though in this one to be able to continue making grass/hay through winter.

Can you put grass starter down in the bat cave with the soil floor??

Sill have to find enough iron ore to upgrade the axe and clear the big boulders in this game too. Really wish I'd started on Hillside Farm with a dog now (have a cat in FF)! ...as the bit extra iron ore I've been getting on Kenny's Farm has really helped to upgrade tools and make more progress faster in that game.

Ereo

Helper
You can plant grass indoors or in the cave, but unlike outside it won't spread (and I think that it might disappear in winter!).

imnvs

Local Legend
Minecarts are the better way to get to the Quarry and Mines. You just go to the bustop, past the bus to the little cart thingy with machinery by it and click on it... and then click where you want to go to and you're brought there instantly. The other stops are the Mines, the Quarry and Town (just east of Clint's).

Tinks

Planter
I activated the minecarts so will have to try that. left that file on 1st winter. Was gonna go back to FF which I did but even with grass starters recipe theres not much wild grass to cut to make them and still having to go to Marnie's to buy loads of hay constantly as need 8 in the big co-op or it starts saying chickens or ducks or looking thin and they don't lay eggs.

tbh that game is more frustrating than enjoyable now as progress is too slow. I'm thinking of starting again on Hilltop with a dog this time (as myself) and doing JoJo's warehouse route same as Kenny's Farm as making much faster progress in that game despite not fishing at all and poor combat skills.

Might still keep the Forest Farm game save and come back to it when I'm more experienced with the game.

nicodeux

Farmer
You can plant grass indoors or in the cave, but unlike outside it won't spread (and I think that it might disappear in winter!).
Indoor grass stay in winter.

I have to check this, but I believe that grass planted indoor takes the aspect of the current season and keep that visual even when season changes (this is at least what I remember from my grass decoration in some sheds).

Ereo

Helper
Indoor grass stay in winter.

I have to check this, but I believe that grass planted indoor takes the aspect of the current season and keep that visual even when season changes (this is at least what I remember from my grass decoration in some sheds).
Checked back because I remembered someone complaining that nobody told them it disappears. It was apparently fixed in 1.5.6, so might still be a problem on console.

Tinks

Planter
ok it doesn't matter as I've left that file for now. (Forest Farm one....still doing Kenny's Farm too) but fancied a beach farm instead, just getting a silo built as there's loads of grass now and its saying the weeds are damaging the farm, but should easily be enough grass to fill a silo. Haven't got any animals yet (except the dog) but getting a couple of chickens next.

On Kenny's Farm just got panning left to unlock to complete the JoJo's warehouse. Haven't decided what's happening after that, don't want the kids too early on that file!!

nicodeux

Farmer
When you get the message that spreading weeds have done damage to your farm, it means that somewhere a weed has removed one of your farm item (usually a flooring but it can be something more precious) to spread on the tile that was previously occupied by your item. You can either contain weeds with fences or cut it on a regular basis to prevent it to damage your farm items.

As for the children, anytime your spouse ask if you want to have a child, you can say no without penalty.