Can I run Stardew Valley on my Mac?

Frost0125

Newcomer
I am really interested in getting Stardew Valley and I wanted to download it on a platform that has portability. I have a Switch, but it doesn't have enough storage, so I was thinking I would get it on my Mac. I'm still pretty new to video games, so I wasn't sure how to check my Mac's compatibility.
I have a 2020 Macbook Air. I know I have enough storage, but I wasn't sure if my computer met the other requirements.
I have a 1.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i3 processor and Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB graphics.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

iRavenStorm

Greenhorn
I’m using a 2020 MacBook Pro with steam where I purchase sv and it works on the MacBook Pro. So I think that it can. I may have to test it to see if works on 2020 MacBook Air.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not too much of a computer expert myself, but I passed this question along and I was told your computer should be able to run it completely fine. Luckily, SDV can run on a lot of computers, even lower end ones

Lew Zealand

Helper
I run it on a 12 year old Mac laptop on occasion. There's nothing quite like a game that can run well on pretty much anything.

Especially when it's a really good game!

Odin

Staff member
I played Stardew on a 2011 MacBook Pro for many years with no issue. Your 2020 Air will run this game no problem.
I have a Switch, but it doesn't have enough storage
Worth mentioning you can get a MicroSD card pretty cheap to expand the storage on your Switch. You do not need to buy one that's Nintendo branded or "works with Switch" or anything like that, any MicroSD card will work and the ones that are "for Switch" are usually just the exact same as a generic card in a different color and marked up.

Lauren1593

Tiller
I run Stardew Valley on systems as low end as an Atom z3735F, and don’t tend to run into anything more severe than some occasional hiccups, even at 1920 x 1080. Many low end mobile devices can play the game easily as well.

By comparison, your MacBook Air should make mincemeat of it.

On an aside, I’m very curious as to whether an Athlon XP 3000+ could handle the game, but sadly, not curious enough to pay the going rate for compatible AGP video cards as a relatively late Shader Model is required.

nicodeux

Farmer
@Frost0125 I'm playing Stardew Valley on an older Mac than yours and I even happen to build some softwares in the background while playing Stardew Valley. So you can definely play it.
I got Stardew Valley from GOG as I did not want to waste disk storage with all the extra softwares that are required to install steam and run the games sold there.

Aleeya

Newcomer
Hi, i have the same problem as you. I have 2020 Macbook Air too and SDV requirements on Steam seems not compatible for my Mac.
So if you don't mind answering my questions, did you decided to download it? And if you did, were you able to play it?
Sorry if i'm asking you questions instead of answering yours.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hi, i have the same problem as you. I have 2020 Macbook Air too and SDV requirements on Steam seems not compatible for my Mac.
So if you don't mind answering my questions, did you decided to download it? And if you did, were you able to play it?
Sorry if i'm asking you questions instead of answering yours.
I don't want to pretend that I speak for @Frost0125 , but they haven't been back to the forum since the two messages they posted in this thread. However, if they had any problems, I would have expected they come back to seek more help... so I'm guessing everything went fine.