Switch [BUG] Winter Star Feast Recipient Changing to Leo, even though he isn't in town.

reereecee

Newcomer
Hi all,

I play on the Switch, version 1.5.4.2 and just had an issue where my game made Leo my Winter Star Feast Recipient, even though he hasn't moved to town yet. I unlocked Ginger Island early in the winter of my first year. When I got the first letter regarding the Feast of the Winter Star, my secret recipient was Haley. However, during the time between the first and second letter, I officially met Leo and befriended him, however he still lives on the island. When I received the second letter, my secret recipient was now Leo. When I went to the festival the next day, I couldn't give a gift to Haley, and Leo obviously wasn't there. I thankfully could leave the festival just fine, though sadly without receiving any gift.

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else? I noticed there was a bug fix in version 1.5.1 that apparently fixed Leo being the secret Santa recipient. However, I think perhaps because he became my friend between the time of receiving the two letters, perhaps this wasn't noticed with the original bug fix.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I think the original bug fix only concerns Leo as a gift giver, because that locked people after giving their gift to someone else? I don't think him being the receiver has been addressed, but maybe it should be. It's weird that it changed after you got the letter.