PC BUG - Unable to tailor with magic rock candy

Dino Time

Greenhorn
According to the wiki, I should be able to put the magic rock candy into the sewing machine to make a magic sprinkle shirt, but when I open the sewing machine menu the rock candy is greyed out like it isn't an option to use. I found this reddit post from 5 months ago where someone had the same issue. It sounds like it works when you buy the rock candy from the desert trader, but for whatever reason it doesn't work with the museum reward. I've tried this with both the sewing machine in Emily's house and the portable sewing machine reward. Anyone else notice this?

Ereo

Helper
Triple shot espresso, when obtained from the museum, also makes some difficulties (people report being unable to ship it). It gets fixed when it is stacked with other espresso that you made or bought.

Apparently, the game treats museum rewards differently from the normal item.

imnvs

Local Legend
It gets fixed when it is stacked with other [item] you made or bought.

Apparently, the game treats museum rewards differently from the normal item.
This is exactly it. You need to stack anything you get from the museum with an identical item in order to use it freely, which is weird. For most rewards, it makes no difference, really, but for a few, it definitely does.

I know. It's weird. It's a known bug, and usually doesn't affect anyone, but on those odd occasions it does. I have no clue if it could be fixed or not, and since there is an easy (enough) work around, I'm guessing it's not high priority to figure out and fix. (shrug)

Dino Time

Greenhorn
This is exactly it. You need to stack anything you get from the museum with an identical item in order to use it freely, which is weird. For most rewards, it makes no difference, really, but for a few, it definitely does.

I know. It's weird. It's a known bug, and usually doesn't affect anyone, but on those odd occasions it does. I have no clue if it could be fixed or not, and since there is an easy (enough) work around, I'm guessing it's not high priority to figure out and fix. (shrug)
Alright, well thanks for the clarification! I guess I'll just buy another one and hope it gets fixed eventually ¯\_(ツ)_/¯