iOS BUG - trapped entering cave with horse bug

Hawke

Greenhorn
(Little spoilers about the cave in the images, but I can’t figure out how to put images into a spoiler tag yet?)

I was riding on my farm on my horse, and I got off the horse to go into the cave in the upper left on the farm. When I tried to go in the cave, I heard the “jumping on the horse” sound as the graphics changed to show the cave’s interior. Except... my character wasn’t in the cave, and after poking at the screen for a while, I found my character riding on the horse where the cave’s walls were... basically, I was outside the area where the character should be walking, and I couldn’t walk where I normally should be able to walk.
I have the fruit bats in the cave, if that makes any difference. The bats made their usual sounds/movement and there was some fruit on the floor, four pieces I think, but I couldn’t access it.

I was basically stuck there- I couldn’t seem to leave the cave screen (though I could ride offscreen, the cave stayed put and I couldn’t interact with anything), or get it to return to my farm, or actually get into the cave. Eventually I tried hopping off the horse, and then my character just disappeared and nothing was happening. The horse was there in the blackness and I had to close and reopen the game, which lost the entire day. Probably the most remarkable thing about the day was that I had seen three cutscenes- Maru’s 10-heart, and Hayley’s 8-heart and Leah’s 10-heart. I’ve noticed that sometimes my game will behave a little differently after a cutscene. Usually it’s not a problem, but it does seem to make the game way more likely to crash or lose the day if I open and use another app for a while while leaving Stardew open and paused, for example. I also notice more minor slowdown if NPC characters encounter each other in town after a cutscene, I think.

I am playing the IOS version on an iPhone 8 in English, single player... Guess I will try leaving the horse further away from the entrance to anything, just in case... but usually, if I accidentally get on the horse instead of going inside, it doesn’t change the screen to look like I went in, I just stay outside the doorway on the horse.

Attachments