Switch [BUG] The animals are acting strange.

lucasrotulo

Greenhorn
Hello,

While I'm playing on the Switch with my wife in split-screen mode, the animals are acting with this behavior of going up and down forever, even if I wait for the night, the animals stay asleep but continue to move from top to bottom infinitely .

The bug is solved when we access another environment (enter the house / barn / chicken coop) at night, when the animals already appear inside their houses sleeping and standing still.

stardew-valley-animals-bug.gif

The video showing the bug is attached.

Attachments

ISSsloth

Farmer
That happened to me once. I just opened the gate and my chickens were able to path find to the grass the were trying to reach. Looks like your animals already have grass right there though, so maybe plant more grass?

Lew Zealand

Helper
This seems to be a more extreme case of the failed path finding you occasionally see on PC, where one or more animals will do the same N--S bounce ad infinitum until I head to Marnie's to knock on the door.

You know, just to make sure she's OK. Not tryin' to interrupt anything...

FarmerElanor

Newcomer
A similar issue happens on the iOS app. The animals think they can get out of a gate and just bounce back and forth against it.

This is a breaking bug though because the pigs never stop their bouncing to root up a truffle when this bug hits them, so they lose significant investment value. So far it hasn’t seemed to matter whether I put the gate directly in line with the animal entrance, or one gate versus multiple. If the animals exit the barn after I’ve already left the enclosure and closed the gate behind me I have better success, but this is hard to do.

As the OP stated, after 7pm, you can enter a different building and exit to make the animals go to bed in their barn instead of keep bouncing, but that’s the only escape. Talking to them or stepping in their way does nothing. I guess you could just let them escape the gate to break the loop, but who has time for that??

I’m about to give up on animals over this bug. I’ve reset so many days because of it.