iOS [BUG] Suddenly impossible to kill monsters

emmi3

Newcomer
Hi there,

The last few times I've tried to play the caves, I've suddenly noticed it's become absolutely impossible to kill monsters - even really basic monsters (bats, slime, etc.). I usually use the Galaxy Sword, and I'm level 10 on everything, including Combat. I literally counted 25 swipes at a regular cave bat before it died, when it used to be like 1-2 swipes with the Galaxy Sword. It's absolutely impossible to kill anything that has any degree of difficulty (the flying green things in the desert caves do me in after like 3 hits, when I was able to combat them before). I even tried to "change professions" to combat, hoping that would get things unstuck, but I'm still having this issue. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks!

redbobcat

Rancher
It does sound like a glitch. Are you sure you have sword selected when you are attacking and not some other tool? Try to move the sword to a different slot in your backpack. Try to sell the sword and buy it again from Marlon. Try to leave all the tools behind on the farm and bring only the sword. Try to buy a different weapon, like Galaxy Mace, and use that.

emmi3

Newcomer
It does sound like a glitch. Are you sure you have sword selected when you are attacking and not some other tool? Try to move the sword to a different slot in your backpack. Try to sell the sword and buy it again from Marlon. Try to leave all the tools behind on the farm and bring only the sword. Try to buy a different weapon, like Galaxy Mace, and use that.
Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. I tried all your suggestions and unfortunately no dice - the issue persists :( Can't seem to get it unstuck.