Issue [BUG] Special Requests Board Blank

AlpacaMaracca

Greenhorn
The special requests board has worked perfectly for me until now. I am on day 24, Summer year 2. The board has the exclamation mark to say that quests are available but my choices are between two blank pages, neither of which I can accept. It's been like this for two days now. Really annoying because I was enjoying trying out the new content!!

My game is fully updated. I do use mods, but I don't believe that any of them are causing the issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

Odin

Staff member
Thank you! Since you're playing with a significant number of mods, I'm going to move this thread to the Mod Support section for the moment. I'd recommend starting by updating the mods that you can:
You can update 3 mods:
Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters for Content Patcher 2.0.5: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2544
Elle's Seasonal Buildings 1.3.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1993
the space boots are ugley 1.4.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2475

Inigo

Farmhand
Hello!

I have the same issue with the Special Orders Board. I'm playing with mods but they're all up to date.

I went through my SMAPI log but I didn't find any issue.

I tried launching the game without some mods that I suspected to be the cause of the issue, but it didn't change a thing. Did you manage to fix the issue?

AlpacaMaracca

Greenhorn
Hello!

I have the same issue with the Special Orders Board. I'm playing with mods but they're all up to date.

I went through my SMAPI log but I didn't find any issue.

I tried launching the game without some mods that I suspected to be the cause of the issue, but it didn't change a thing. Did you manage to fix the issue?
Hi!

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to find a fix for it. The board seems to work occasionally (there is no rhyme or reason to when it will work) before going back to being blank.

I've done some digging and it seems others are also having this bug and are blaming a mod called Quest Framework, which I do have installed. Removing this mod doesn't atcually fix the issue though.

If that mod is the culprit, the original creator seems to have abandoned it and it's being taken over by someone else who may or may not update it.

I'm a little bit annoyed about it to be honest.

Inigo

Farmhand
Hi!

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to find a fix for it. The board seems to work occasionally (there is no rhyme or reason to when it will work) before going back to being blank.

I've done some digging and it seems others are also having this bug and are blaming a mod called Quest Framework, which I do have installed. Removing this mod doesn't atcually fix the issue though.

If that mod is the culprit, the original creator seems to have abandoned it and it's being taken over by someone else who may or may not update it.

I'm a little bit annoyed about it to be honest.
Indeed, Quest Framework seems to be causing the issue. I tried loading an old save (which was originally played withouth mods) and the board works fine.

The mod page for Quest Framework was hidden until recently on Nexus Mods. It is now visible and even though, the comments are locked right now, someone posted this a few days ago:
"Someone told me they played several days with Quest Framework uninstalled, waited until the board was working again, then reinstalled it and it was fine. I have played several days, but my board is still blank, unfortunately."

I'm gonna try this and see if it works.

AlpacaMaracca

Greenhorn
Indeed, Quest Framework seems to be causing the issue. I tried loading an old save (which was originally played withouth mods) and the board works fine.

The mod page for Quest Framework was hidden until recently on Nexus Mods. It is now visible and even though, the comments are locked right now, someone posted this a few days ago:
"Someone told me they played several days with Quest Framework uninstalled, waited until the board was working again, then reinstalled it and it was fine. I have played several days, but my board is still blank, unfortunately."

Considering it's currently causing a severe bug, I do think it should either be hidden or at least have a warning attached!

Let me know if anything works for you? My board just started working again about one in-game week after I removed the wonky mod. It's too early to say if it's back permanently though!

Inigo

Farmhand
Considering it's currently causing a severe bug, I do think it should either be hidden or at least have a warning attached!

Let me know if anything works for you? My board just started working again about one in-game week after I removed the wonky mod. It's too early to say if it's back permanently though!
I played about a week in game after removing Quest Framework and the Special Orders Board is now back!

I won't be reinstalling Quest Framework because I had a it as a dependecy for a mod I'm no longer using. (Museum Expansion)

AlpacaMaracca

Greenhorn

Considering it's currently causing a severe bug, I do think it should either be hidden or at least have a warning attached!#
I played about a week in game after removing Quest Framework and the Special Orders Board is now back!

I won't be reinstalling Quest Framework because I had a it as a dependecy for a mod I'm no longer using. (Museum Expansion)
Mine seems to be working normally as well now, thank goodness!

I think I was using Quest Framework for a follower mod? Which I've also uninstalled and am not missing, so no harm done.

Thanks for puzzling it out with me!

Strobe

Planter
It definitely would have been caused by QF. The mod is buggy at the moment and it's why many mods are making it an optional dependency

KawaiiArcade

Newcomer
Hi. So to add to this I am playing without mods and I have the same exact problem. Started with just one blank one now they both are blank. So no this is not a mod related glitch.