PC [BUG] Spawning on cliff on Ginger Island

esckey

Newcomer
I went to the boat in the back of willy's shop, and after skipping the cutscene of boarding the ship I found myself on the cliff on the first part of the island. I had to move out of bounds and down towards the stairs to escape. This happened after a morning of picking crops, and nothing else unusual happened before or after. The day before, I completed the request for building the sleep hut on the island, but I went back home to sleep. I didn't get a screenshot of myself up there, but I attached a screenshot and circled where I spawned. Running on Windows 10 through steam.

Attachments

wanderingzeff

Newcomer
Just came on here to say that the same thing happened to me. I went straight Willy's when it opened, skipped the cutscene, and I ended up on the same cliff. I've only been to the island a few times so far, I'd unlocked the area to the left I think three in-game days before this (and hadn't done much after that). Running macOS Mojave through GOG.

bug.png

MamaV

Greenhorn
Me too. I went back to the island after a few days of not going and got stuck on that same cliff. I'm on a Mac.

MissG

Farmhand
Happened to me just this afternoon, and I unknowingly used the same tactic to get out of that mess: kind of phasing through a bush or two, off the map towards the left, then up and around till I got to the staircase and exited towards the north.

crawclaw

Newcomer
Also just encountered this problem! I just checked and I have updated to v1.5.1 and have been to ginger island multiple times. I used a beach totem to get to the beach. Then went to ginger island through Willy's around 10 and was holding a soggy newspaper in my hands but I didn't skip the cut scene on the boat over. I'm also playing on a Mac and got around it through the return scepter without an issue.

theirah

Newcomer
I got the same bug, right after unlocking the west the previous day (but didn't go to the west. I went straight back to the main farm after talking to the parrot). Moving around on the left side got me unstuck, and reloading the day and doing more or less the same thing spawned me on the docks as normal. I'm playing completely vanilla, no mods.

Lunameyza

Newcomer
Just had the same happen to me. I joined Willy's boat also at around 10am, skipped the cutscene, and just before that I accepted the quest to collect 100 ginger roots, and it was autumn.
I play on PC, no mods. I didn't manage to escape on the left side, but I could go all the way down to the sea by walking down (without seeing my character).

dewymango

Greenhorn
Reposting from a duplicate thread, this also happened to me yesterday (got on Willy's boat, skipped cutscene, ended up on cliff and had to warp back with CJB cheats) but when I was playing today I tested it out and it didn't happen at all so I'm not sure if there are certain conditions that cause it to happen, or if certain timing of hitting the skip button maybe? I feel like the 2 times I've had this happen I hit the skip button a little bit later into the cutscene but I have no idea if that's actually a thing.

I do use mods but I'm seeing some people say that they get this error on vanilla plays as well. Log here if it helps: https://smapi.io/log/4aff078dc0184d03a62d400c988f9e38

star478

Newcomer
This same bug happened to me and I was not using any mods. I went back the next day and didn't skip the cutscene; no problem occured when I let the whole thing play out.

funkyfinchtime

Newcomer
Same bug here with no mods. I went up and to the left (thinking I could get out that way) and got stuck. Had to restart the day but thankfully didn't lose too much!

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.5.2! Please mention if it's still an issue for you!