PC [BUG] Right click/x action oftentimes does not work, changing the key binding does not help either

pascal

Newcomer
I just bought Stardew Valley to play with my partner who is a longtime fan. Within my first few minutes of playing my right click/x action has been acting up, and it has made playing a single in-game day impossible. When I start the game my right click/x action is fine but usually later in the in-game day my right click/x doesn't work so I cannot initiate dialogue or enter rooms. No other actions like movement, pulling up the menu, or selecting items on my toolbar are affected except the fishing action where I cannot click to reel in my fish. I have tried changing my settings on my Mac for left and right clicks. I have tried changing my key bindings which sometimes helps a little bit for maybe one or two conversations or actions but the right click/x always fails after one or two uses. This issue has made playing Stardew Valley impossible. This happens in both multiplayer and single player. Playing vanilla Stardew Valley no mods.

I have a macbook air 13 inch retina 2019, I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Are you seeing this problem specifically when using tap-to-click on your trackpad? Or is it happening with the x key as well?

pascal

Newcomer
It happens with both trackpad and x key. Even if I switch the key binding from x to z or k the bug still persists.