PC [BUG] Rain Doesn't Water Garden Pots on Ginger Island

Leaffen

Farmhand
When raining, pots that are outdoors don't get watered, this only happens on Ginger Island.
Even when outside of the farm, garden pots instantly get watered in the rain.

Even in calico desert when it's raining in the valley but not in the desert, pots get watered... which is a second bug itself!
Screenshot_1326.png
Screenshot_1328.png

Last edited:
I find it fascinating.
Could you give us 2 different screenshots while raining?

1. The first screenshot would be in the rain with two pots.

2. The second screenshot would be a pot that got watered from your water can and unwatered dried pot.

((Also, I will screenshot to check if it happens to the same to my gameplay. Let me update my pictures here in this post... )))
Update: I was wondering if I could check your screenshots to compare my photos?
Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.46.57 PM.png
Both are wet in the rain without using a water can...

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.47.10 PM.png

I am inside the greenhouse. One is dried, and the other is wet.
Yes, I have used a watering can.

Last edited:

Leaffen

Farmhand
I find it fascinating.
Could you give us 2 different screenshots while raining?

1. The first screenshot would be in the rain with two pots.

2. The second screenshot would be a pot that got watered from your water can and unwatered dried pot.

((Also, I will screenshot to check if it happens to the same to my gameplay. Let me update my pictures here in this post... )))
Update: I was wondering if I could check your screenshots to compare my photos?
View attachment 6924.
Both are wet in the rain without using a water can...

View attachment 6925
I am inside the greenhouse. One is dried, and the other is wet.
Yes, I have used a watering can.
Screenshot_1326.png

Only the one I used a watering can on is wet, I wonder if it has to do with being on Ginger Island, I'm going to do a quick test.
Edit: Yep, it's only on Ginger Island, infact, even outside the farm, and in CALICO DESERT, it works, I'll edit the report.

I want to confirm this issue. It did happen to me. I don't think this as a bug, but I guess it needs to be addressed.
You are 100 % correct. You are not the only one who had that issue.

On a rainy day at SV, my pots are wet on my farm.
On the same day, I visited both Calico Desert and Ginger Island, and it was confirmed that my pots were mysteriously wet without using my watering can.
Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 1.46.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.28.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.25.32 AM.png

On the next day, it is a sunny day at SV. My pots are both dried on my farm. I decided to water on my right pot to verify if it was able to get wet.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.55.53 AM.png
On the same sunny day I visited the Calico Desert, I can confirm they are both dried. I watered on the left pot to see if it got wet as well.
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 6.00.22 AM.png

Despite it is sunny at SV, it is raining on Ginger Island. I can confirm all 3 pots are dried. They never got wet from Ginger Island rain.
Finally, I watered on the left to see if gets wet.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.58.06 AM.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/66u9z0/til_calico_desert_follows_the_outside_worlds/

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
There were other problems with the gardening pots on ginger island as well. I think they showed up snowy in winter. And tea plants also had some problems with the ginger island climate.

I'm not sure if any of those were fixed yet, I just remember seeing threads about them.