Switch [BUG] Player 2's fishing minigame unplayable (fishing bob erratic, uncontrollable)

Hi, my partner has started playing Stardew Valley with me, local co-op on the Switch.

I'm player 1, she's player 2. Whether she uses a bluetooth Xbox controller, or the joycons, the fishing minigame is nearly unplayable. Pressing/holding the action button is supposed to give control of the green box, and the fish is kept inside those green box boundaries, until it is caught. However, after a few presses or holds, the green box rockets toward the top of the meter. It's not responsive to her actual button-presses. It goes all the way to the top, or a light press will cause the green box to go higher than it normally does, or it sinks to the bottom despite her keeping it "stable".

I looked through Stardew Valley's limited control options, and didn't see anything which could be causing this issue for her, but not for me. I turned controller vibration off. As mentioned, we have tried both an Xbox controller and the joy-cons.

Please let me know if you have any ideas! She's likes fishing and won't play Stardew Valley until this is solved.

Last edited by a moderator: