PC [BUG] No music on the farm

bbenger

Newcomer
I just came back to Stardew Valley after reading about version 1.5. I immediately noticed that there is no background music playing on the farm (I started a new game on the forest farm). I waited a few days, but it just does not seem to be any music there. Everywhere else the music is working fine. Is this a bug or intentional? If intentional, I find it quite sad, since you spend a lot of time on the farm and I remember the music being quite lovely.

bbenger

Newcomer
I continued playing and the music came back eventually, so I am positive that it is a bug. I payed attention to it in order to maybe find a pattern. This is what I noticed so far:
  • When the rooster crows in the morning, the music always works fine
  • Going north into the mountains or south into the forest does not play any music either. Only going to East into the city helps.
  • Sometimes, the music works fine in the morning but then disappears during the day. If that happens, there is no way to get it back. Even the town will be silent. This seems to happen mostly when I enter the mountains, either when leaving the town or the caves.
I will update this post as I continue playing.

bbenger

Newcomer
As I continue playing through summer, it now happens to be a clear pattern: There is always the same upbeat track playing when I wake up and as soon as this track finishes, no new track will start. I will only hear birds and ambient sounds, no music for the rest of the day, unless I enter an area that triggers a scenery change and selects a new track, such as the town. My farm grew quite a bit, so I have a lot of watering to do and the music will stop around half way through every day.

I enjoy the music in this game immensely, so not having it working correctly frustrates me a lot. I tried verifying the game files with steam, but no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:

Here is a video showing off the problem:

https://youtu.be/tedA8nj-4rA

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
I'm not sure if this is a bug- the game doesn't play music constantly. For example, this is normal behavior for the game:
There is always the same upbeat track playing when I wake up and as soon as this track finishes, no new track will start. I will only hear birds and ambient sounds, no music for the rest of the day, unless I enter an area that triggers a scenery change and selects a new track, such as the town. My farm grew quite a bit, so I have a lot of watering to do and the music will stop around half way through every day.
If you keep playing you can unlock a Mini Jukebox that you can place on the farm or inside builds to force music to play all the time.

StarGazer21

Greenhorn
I have absolutely no music. In fact i thought that was the way it was supposed to be until The mermaid show would not play and I am in til Year 2. I checked and there was no obb file. So, i downloaded the obb file and added it under Android. Still no sound. What is missing? I want music :((((

imnvs

Local Legend
I have absolutely no music. In fact i thought that was the way it was supposed to be until The mermaid show would not play and I am in til Year 2. I checked and there was no obb file. So, i downloaded the obb file and added it under Android. Still no sound. What is missing? I want music :((((
Have you verified the files?