PC [Bug] My recently bought game won't launc

dagonslayer51

Newcomer
Hi, I just bought Stardew Valley for PC yesterday, after enjoying it on mobile for almost a month. I haven't been able to launch the game from GoG, Steam or otherwise. I have also checked online for possible solutions and tried almost everything that I could find and understant. I am not very tech savvy, so maybe there is something I should try that I just don't know.

Here is the message I got from SMAPI.

SMAPI failed to initialize: System.BadImageFormatException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' ni una de sus dependencias. no es una aplicación Win32 válida. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
Nombre de archivo: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll'
en System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
en System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
en System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
en System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
en StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() en C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:línea 76
en StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) en C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:línea 30
Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

Thank you very much for your help!

dagonslayer51

Newcomer
If you haven't already, please try the steps here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Game_doesn.27t_launch
If none of those steps solve the issue, could you upload a log? See https://smapi.io/log for instructions.
Hi, I tried all the steps in the link, but it didn't solve the issue. I followed the instructions in the SMAPI log website, but I have no Stardew Valley folder in %appdata%\. I apologize if my issue is due to some dumb mistake of mine or if there is something wrong with my PC. I really don't know what else to do about this. Thanks for your help!

Odin

Staff member
Hi, I tried all the steps in the link, but it didn't solve the issue. I followed the instructions in the SMAPI log website, but I have no Stardew Valley folder in %appdata%\. I apologize if my issue is due to some dumb mistake of mine or if there is something wrong with my PC. I really don't know what else to do about this. Thanks for your help!
Did you install the game somewhere else after you bought it? Perhaps on a different hard drive?

dagonslayer51

Newcomer
Did you install the game somewhere else after you bought it? Perhaps on a different hard drive?
Nope, I installed the game on my laptop through GOG. I have no additional hard drives. I really have no clue about what is going wrong and the only thing I have is the SMAPI message I posted before, but I don't understand a word of what it says.

Odin

Staff member
Three times, I've also restarted my PC 4 times. I could try again to see if it does anything.
If you've tried it once and it didn't do anything that's plenty, additional times shouldn't suddenly fix something (unfortunately).

dagonslayer51

Newcomer
If you've tried it once and it didn't do anything that's plenty, additional times shouldn't suddenly fix something (unfortunately).
I guess so. Is there something else I could do? I really want to play the game on my computer and this issue has been a little frustrating for me.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hold up, and slow down. I know that for me to find the Stardew folder that I had to set my computer to show hidden files.

dagonslayer51

Newcomer
Hold up, and slow down. I know that for me to find the Stardew folder that I had to set my computer to show hidden files.
Yeah, my computer shows hidden files already, but the only Stardew folder I have is the one with the game in the GoG folder.