PC [BUG] My mother (in her 60s) can't play Stardew anymore! Issue with co-op!

EverOptimist

Newcomer
My mother is pretty old-fashioned (not tech savvy, makes good pies), but she's obsessed with Stardew Valley. She loves it even more than I love it! Unfortunately, Stardew Valley online co-op stopped working for her, and she always, always plays with my aunt (who's in her 50s).

Basically:
  1. She only has the option to host a LAN game. No online multiplayer. (She can also join a LAN game.)
  2. So when she starts to host the game, there's no code.
  3. Sometimes, when I mess around enough (re-installing, etc), it'll say something like "Re-connecting to internet features," something like that, and then it just shows us that "host LAN game" button.
Stuff I've tried (none worked):
  1. Re-installing Steam
  2. Re-installing Stardew
  3. Moving the Stardew folder
  4. Turning off firewall during the game startup
  5. Turning off mods
  6. Starting the game via Steam, or via the original location of the application, rather than starting from the shortcut
  7. Rebooting the wifi (it works though, both on and off her device)
  8. Restarting her computer
  9. Switching wifi networks
My mom keeps begging me to try to fix it. She says "Me and your aunt Nancy are worried about the chickens, I hope they're okay without us taking care of them."
They've gotten really, really far in their game. They're something like 7 or 8 years into the game, maybe more. Please help my mom play Stardew Valley!

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
My mother is pretty old-fashioned (not tech savvy, makes good pies), but she's obsessed with Stardew Valley. She loves it even more than I love it! Unfortunately, Stardew Valley online co-op stopped working for her, and she always, always plays with my aunt (who's in her 50s).

Basically:
  1. She only has the option to host a LAN game. No online multiplayer. (She can also join a LAN game.)
  2. So when she starts to host the game, there's no code.
  3. Sometimes, when I mess around enough (re-installing, etc), it'll say something like "Re-connecting to internet features," something like that, and then it just shows us that "host LAN game" button.
Stuff I've tried (none worked):
  1. Re-installing Steam
  2. Re-installing Stardew
  3. Moving the Stardew folder
  4. Turning off firewall during the game startup
  5. Turning off mods
  6. Starting the game via Steam, or via the original location of the application, rather than starting from the shortcut
  7. Rebooting the wifi (it works though, both on and off her device)
  8. Restarting her computer
  9. Switching wifi networks
My mom keeps begging me to try to fix it. She says "Me and your aunt Nancy are worried about the chickens, I hope they're okay without us taking care of them."
They've gotten really, really far in their game. They're something like 7 or 8 years into the game, maybe more. Please help my mom play Stardew Valley!
Have you tried everything from there?

also check this thread

Last edited: